MakeWebGames

MCCode engine Redux

ColdBlooded

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so nothing I am about to say amounts to any security flaws or even, for that matter, anything massive. In fact it looks like a nice job

This bugs me a little...

Warning: Division by zero in /home/redux/public_html/Mods/stats.php on line 32

1) why does the installer feel id 1 (if he picks male as the gender) should not have his gender set to male? It stays blank...

2) improved you documentation? This includes comments inside the files saying what functions do.

3) Why have a big warning about not getting rid of the installer? Use unlink() and do it for them.

4) Your user table has always been way to large has that changed?

5) .htaccess file to stop people viewing things like the class file? Not needed, but always nice to have as it also shows an example to people who want to block access to an image folder of a mod etc... I do see that you can't go into the “mods” folder directly so that's good.

6) The game rules are still a html page? Allow them to be changed from the admin panel easy edit, but makes life easy.

7) Also getting lots of html warnings. Not a massive thing in my opinion, however you should aim to have as few showing as possible when selling something e.g. I get my browser telling me 14 warnings on a blank “Announcement” page. (I have a html validator on my browser.)

I would also like to see the staff panel so we need a password. If you do not wish users to have access to the features at least populate the game e.g. no jobs, crimes, Announcements etc...

Edited by Dominion

Worked fine for me... weird

Was taking me to the index page O_o

Dont like the theme :/

Should change anyway.

p.s. Can two people be on the same account at the same time (seems so atm)

Edit -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting ']' in /home/redux/public_html/Mods/halloffame.php on line 67

Also

You're not in a gang.

Fatal error: Call to a member function endpage() on a non-object in /home/redux/public_html/Mods/yourgang.php on line 843

I am in a gang btw : was on "admin"

Can't post reply on the gang forums... link when i click post =

Bored now, Will test more later.

Edited by Dominion
added bug.

Ok this is freaky i don't see division zero issue and the forum issue.

the gang one i don't see either

You're not in a gang.

Daniel i think they have a template system now so you can easily edit it to another of theirs or even do your own, plus you should never use the generic template anyways.

^although i like it for it's professional look to be honest it looks alot better than the old template :) nice work MCC on the template ill check for issues later.

Edited by Paul Evans

Ok this is freaky i don't see division zero issue and the forum issue.

the gang one i don't see either

^although i like it for it's professional look to be honest it looks alot better than the old template :) nice work MCC on the template ill check for issues later.

Have a play in gangs it popped up at random times i clicked a new page and it stopped e.g.

^ Trying to make id2 vice pres, and i get the error. Yes it should say "he is not in your gang" but the whole template messed up then said i am not in the gang...

Also i think the template system may have been A_B or did he just do some of the templates that come with it (think it says something like that in the 1st post?).

Ah I just clicked my own link, and due to the template system it's taking me to the page, but not the error, therefore in order to see it you will need to mess around on that page a little. Try out posting stuff etc... Just in case people are thinking “ummm no error at this link”.

I worked on a version of the template system. Not sure it is used or not. I also provided some templates (redone the normal one plus 2 others if I remember right) but the one we see now is not from me. I must admit I didn't invested much time in the look itself, more to show how you could change it. Again not sure if they kept my suggestion or not.

For the admin panel, how come we can't come in?

Once you post in the forums, reply or start a topic, refreshing on the same screen/page will continue to create more posts/topics identical. hope this will be fixed.

Also the topics don't have a page 2 or greator, all topics get listed on one page (Page: 1), this is not a good idea for any active game, as the topics list will get very long. you should make it after 7 topicson 1 page, you can click page 2.

Edited by SHAD

ewwwww i tried to attack when had less than 50% energy...what an ugly screen (could be restricted to chrome though)

EDIT:

You beat demo!!

You beat demo severely on the ground. When there is lots of blood showing, you head up to the nearest 10-story building's roof and drop him over the edge. You run home silently and carefully.

AND

You lost all your EXP for running from the fight

on the same page.

Edited by bineye

The staff side has a fair few practical issues -

1) any admin de-staff ID 1.

2) anyone change the staff passwords

3) Any admin can play with settings.

Suggestions -

1) In general make the following Id 1 only, change template, change staff passwords, basic settings.

2) Allow only id 1 to change user_levels, and add a “resign from staff” page. You would also need to insure you can not fed ID 1

3) you should not need the “ban” parts in the edit user function. You have staff pages for that.

4) When you make a mistake filling in a form you should save any data already put in. This counts for all pages, register, settings etc... Helps minimize stress when typing a large amount, and losing it due to some tiny error.

5) Maybe implement a system where you can create staff levels. e.g. “gang_staff”, access to “gangs, index, punishment” should be easy(ish).

6) Make it clear that on the gym captcha you have to answer the math question... I copied the sum twice XD

NB: You are currently in hospital for 18 minutes.

Vote for Resux | Donate to Resux now for game benefits!

This page cannot be accessed while in jail or hospital.

so... this page should not have a menu (or anything else for that matter) why? ;)

Edited by Dominion