MakeWebGames

Mono District - December Update

ColdBlooded

[align=center] md_logomain.jpg

[/align]

MCCodes launches Mono District (http://monodistrict.com/) - a very addictive MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online RPG). The all new game Mono District (MD) starts from the beginning with all fresh users, story and gameplay. MD has been optimized to support today's generation of Web 2.0 to provide players with the best User Interface for an online game. You can interact with thousands of others players via chat, mail, community forums and many other forms of social networking features built in to the game.

The game has been developed by MCCodes who is a provider of MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online RPG) engines & modifications to aspiring developers. Our engines allow developers to create games intended for a large multiplayer audience. So we decided to make our very own game based on MCcodes V2.0 base engine. MD has also been highly modified from the base codes.

More about Mono District:

• 100% FREE to Play
  • Constant Feature Updates
  • Great gameplay
  • Great new features

In Mono District, you start in The Slums when you first begin. As you progress your stats, level, money and reputation; you can then travel to other main cities around United States. Then you can travel to overseas cities where players will be able to import/export items. Start up own companies, deal drugs, gang wars, gang organized crimes ... possibilities are endless as our team will always be releasing new exciting features in-game.

You jump on the train, en route to Mono District. The train departs. You hear the door open, and turn your head. A man rushes towards you, shouting "That's my newspaper, you bastard!" You yell to no avail. Quickly you take your 96G Beretta out of your pocket and pop him in the head. Suddenly, everyone on the train spins around and aims a weapon towards you. You cower in fear and sprint off the train as it gets to Mono District. You desperately search for a place to hide. A trashcan, perfect! Hidden by the continuous gang warfare, you slip into the can unnoticed. You're safe, what now? Rob a shop? Start your own business? Or just shoot the sh*t out of everybody on the street!

Mono District is an addictive, breathtaking and gangster text based online game. Online text-based games are addictive and great fun to play; Mono District is just the same!

[align=center][align=left]Developers Corner:

[/align][align=left]Mono District has been developed upon our latest engine (MCCodes V2) It has been highly revamped and modded to support todays generation. This is another prime example of how MCCodes can support great gaming sites. This is a very unique script and we are constantly looking for ways to improve the game/code. It has already been optimized to run better with the server. MCCodes will be launching a lot of V3.0 engine features to MonoDistrict.com for beta testing as this game will allow us to expose features created by Dabomstew to everyday players on MD.

[align=center][align=left]Summary

[/align][align=left]We use alot of AJAX in the game so there isn't to much refreshing needed. We think that everyone needs to be supported. Not only users with fast internet, but ones with slow internet too, so this is a big hit for slow internet users.

The game is rated 16R, This means you may get offensive mails however there is a report feature if you feel you are being harassed.

[/align][align=left]

Things to know...

[expander]

-- IRC INFORMATION --

Server: binary.ipocalypse.net:6667

Auth method: NickServ

Channel: #monodistrict

Default Client: wsIrc

[/expander]

Frequently asked questions

Do we need a valid email address?

[/align][align=left]Yes, this time round we are asking for valid email accounts

[/align][align=left]How many accounts can be used on one IP address?

[/align][align=left]One. If you are found to be using more than one we will ban both accounts unless a valid reason is provided and proved.

[/align][align=left]Terms of service:

[/align][align=left]Please visit Terms of service page

[/align][/align][align=center][align=center]PLAY MONO DISTRICT NOW

[/align]

[/align][/align][/align]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More about Mono District:

* 100% FREE to Play

* Constant Feature Updates

* Great gameplay

* Great new features

"Great new features" That is a good point, however in that whole post you failed to say what’s new about it? Well you said about using more AJAX but so do a lot of peoples sites based off the same base. So my question is what makes this any different to the 100s of games already based off an updated copy of mccodes v2?

Whats new features in this December Update?
Bogofs have been issued.

Coloured names show nearly everywhere (Except incoming events)

Staff side has been revamped

Pagination has been highly updated to output nicer

Clans have been removed

Gang OC logs have been coded back into the game

We've done alot staff side so we can monitor pretty much everything in the game

Added bonus feature:

Donators only need to play half as much as regular members as they get a bonus everywhere, thus rendering it impossible to get to the top :/

I get it that you want to give donators a benefit, but you're giving them too much in comparison with the other players.

MD looks nice to watch, not sure how fun it is to play. Ive created an account, just to check it out with my own eyes and feeling. My conclution is, im rather tired of the gangster theme

and this game has the same principal as all the other crime based games out there.

But then again, they are all adictive and fun to play. I person are just tired of the gangster theme.

Good luck with you game, im sure there are thousands of players still enjoying the mafia style.

Best of regards,

Sun

i signed up lastnight , cant say i spent very much time on there but i will be back to check it out some more and hopfully find something that will keep me playing . From what i did see 30min to get some energy is not going to keep players around, well atleast not me anyway.

wow 12 hours later and still dont have full energy i can say i wont make this a game i will sit and play . good luck

- Captcha and email verification? => just way too annoying.

- email verification OF COURSE ended up in my spam folder.

- after validation yet again need to login...

- The friend & chat bottom bar doesn't match with the look & feel

- lack of tutorial / story at start... you just navigate and click a bit randomly

- hints => why not being able to disable them directly by clicking on something on the hint?

- hints look is... not consistent with the game

- Overall the look is good... but beside that I don't see much a jump from a standard McCode game.

- If it ends up in the junk folder be happy that my emails allows it, as for example my work email would not work like that and directly trash it without any other option, so no this is certainly not a right answer, sorry.

- Email verification and Captcha are NOT both required. Email verification is here if you hope to collect correct emails and that tend to be abused for spam later on, which means it will put off people and you may lose a lot of players. Honestly this is just a personal experience, and you may take it as you want, but you should normally try to make the system user friendly and not push away people. What's the goal? Avoid bots? There is tons of ways to do it. Avoid double accounts? Emails and captcha will not do it... Want to collect emails to spam people? Sorry bad practice...

Recaptcha system aim is to stop bots signing up and make sure every user is legit basically

Email system is for a number of reasons,

One is to collect email for further updates and such, Not spamming as the next thing in is opt-in newsletter, So we know all email addresses are actual people and not silly one such as n00b@blah ect.

Second one is plainly to collect more information on our players

Third and lastly, it makes it a little harder for mulit accounts.

WOW!!! for 3 people that supposedly know so much, this sure is a simple game that looks just exactly like the rest of them,

with no new mods, or different anythings.

Way to go with coming up with the same thing that hundreds already have lol

Where did any of us say we knew so much? and so every game has the same mods as that? I think not, open your eyes or go to specsavers your choice.

We already stated it was based from MCCodes v2 so its going to look/feel the same regardless but the overall game is far from being a drop of mcc.

Milestone system has been done

better newspaper system

Staff side is so much different, no where near the same

Attack system is different

Gangs is quite different although ran through the same base

Yes hundreds have it because of MCCodes. so please before trying to be smart atleast get your facts right

Jordan lets be honest its V2 with a facelift cos if the system was better it would be packaged by now and ready to be sold as V3.

All youve really done is extend the mods on it which is what we could have done anyway..

so please before trying to be smart atleast get your facts right

You cant really tell us this cos we dont even know the facts yet

Jordan lets be honest its V2 with a facelift cos if the system was better it would be packaged by now and ready to be sold as V3.

All youve really done is extend the mods on it which is what we could have done anyway..

so please before trying to be smart atleast get your facts right

You cant really tell us this cos we dont even know the facts yet

It is MCC v2 yes, and yes most of the base is the same but the coding is extremely different to v2, but yeah most could do what onit but like I said its far from being a simple mcc game

Well, in theory it is as its based of mccodes v2, however ALOT has been changed. but not all seen to the public eye as you've said

Good to know, I was only saying before you get pissy at people saying it's just V2 understand that they don't see the code nor have any knowledge of if and how it's improved so all they see is MCC V2 :)