MakeWebGames

New Gang System

sniko

Sniko me and Casey Has devolped something like this but better and its for money im sure you can make better if it was for money but since its free you made it simple i think you should of put a price tag but ok

If you're selling something post it in the correct section rather than telling people in someone elseโ€™s thread.

Sniko me and Casey Has devolped something like this but better and its for money im sure you can make better if it was for money but since its free you made it simple i think you should of put a price tag but ok

This gang system has been a project for me for some time, something i want to share my achievement with the community. I don't wont to sell it, because it's a hobby and i want to share my success. I am making it better, if you read the PFD, you will know i am making more features etc.

But, i'm glad for you that you have made another copy and gaining something out of it, i am also gaining something from releasing it for free. Pride and the feeling of success.

-sniko

Surely Sniko is willing to accept 'Donations' for his hard work into this modification, if a user feels like contributing to the development.

End of the day, it is Sniko's choice to provide it as a free modification or a paid for one.

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

A weird error has cropped up with this one.

When I insery the 'My Gang' link with the URL: http://domain.com/zFamily.php?p=myFam (domain.com with my domain in place of course) I get this error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Query was SELECT `username` FROM `users` WHERE `userid`=

The lines in that section:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code withinย this forum requires registration, you canย register here for free.

The variables are all in their correct places, so what's going on? Appreciate any help.

If the above happens to anyone else, please do the following;

1) Log into cPanel

2) Open up phpmyadmin

3) Find your game's database

4) Browse `users`

5) Find your record/row

6) Scroll across to find the column named `gang`, and note down the value

7) Browse `family_mod`

8) Check that ID exists

If Failure;

1) Browse `users`

2) Find your record/row

3) Scroll across to find the column named `gang`, and note down the value

4) Browse `family_mod`

5) Find your gang

6) Change the primary key value to the one noted down in step (3)

• 2 weeks later...

patient

lol Sniko you are like one of my hero's currently. You have helped me a lot and we have barely even spoken back and forth so, no worries man. Take your time, as I know anything that comes from you will be gold in the end. I can't wait to see finish product, Especially the group attack, I mean that is something i have told my members about and everyone is preparing for and it is something that bring a brand new element to my game. I can't wait to tweak it to fit into my game.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Did v2 of this ever get released? I really liked what you did up until this point, and I plan on using this 'Gang' mod in my game in development.

No, it didn't.

Perhaps I'll restart development on it when;

• I get more time
  • McCodes Team becomes more active

- sorry

I never saw them active really. They post from time to time... but really rarely... beside that... nothing. So if you wait on them I would say you can wait forever.

/ Tense music plays

/ Camera pans across a battlefield

/ Camera zooms into face [mid-shot] to a commanding general on top of a hill

"I'm making a stand!"

Haha, yeah, I know - I just don't see the benefit of releasing huge things for free to drive the sales of an inactive product author.

Yeah, me too.

I don't like the fact that McCodes have taken a back seat - once again - and allowed the community to drive the sales.

Yeah, I can see your point, but it kinda always seemed that way. I know if I personally owned or had possession of a property that allows people to create their own MMORPG (fairly) easily, I know i'd be a lot more involved in its day-to-day promotion and excited about it.

/ Tense music plays

/ Camera pans across a battlefield

/ Camera zooms into face [mid-shot] to a commanding general on top of a hill

"I'm making a stand!"

Haha, yeah, I know - I just don't see the benefit of releasing huge things for free to drive the sales of an inactive product author.

Either you've watched to many films lately or you want to be a film maker, this is the second time, I've seen you set up a scenario for your post. >_<

Either you've watched to many films lately or you want to be a film maker, this is the second time, I've seen you set up a scenario for your post. >_<

Neither, it makes my posts seem for enticing!

(It was hard to not do another film thing in this one, I could have made it amazing!)