New Houses Mod

Richard

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

why not just post the code here instead of directing us to your site then directing us to github?

One thing I noticed is you said on your site to include some sort of pdo class thing in the config file, why? I looked over the code and its still filled with mysql_query(), that makes no sense to me cause you only use your "$dbh" or whatever an few times?

As I stated in the post every mod on here I see has been obscured by the forums. It will be preserved on github. And there is no way to see what lines of code has been updated if I modify the mod I find on here. And... If someone has a suggestion it is a lot easier to show me the suggestion. And by the way.... There is a link to download a zip file. The github link is just for programmers that know github and would like to contribute or even make their own version of it.

And as for the PDO I only used it in places I updated. PDO is very secure and requires very little worry about hacking. Plus MySQL_ functions are depreciated and soon will not even be available in PHP anymore. And its been so long since I have done it the old mysql_ way I really don't even remember how. But its just the way I code. It's how I do everything I make.

Edited by alexander7567

And as for the PDO I only used it in places I updated. PDO is very secure and requires very little worry about hacking. Plus MySQL_ functions are depreciated and soon will not even be available in PHP anymore. And its been so long since I have done it the old mysql_ way I really don't even remember how. But its just the way I code. It's how I do everything I make.

I would suggest keeping it consistent, and changing all or none. Seeing a file switch from mysql_ to PDO isn't good.

Edited by Dominion

Well I'm not going to go back and update 50 queries just to keep it consistant. But I did provide a GitHub link... So if someone wants to take the time to update them all to PDO I would be willing to accept the pull request.

PDO and MySQli are very similar. PDO is a preference to me. That's like asking why do I like apple's more than oranges! It's just a preference.

• 1 year later...
Imagine, I wanted to delete every houses in the game? However, I have members who own houses.

So I want every house to be deleted and give back the money of each houses the users bought...?

Something to the effect of;

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.