MakeWebGames

Introducing SPADE Engine - API Driven Single Page Application

gamble

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

Over the past couple of weeks I have been developing an advanced game engine that utilizes many different technologies that have not previously been used in game engines (to my knowledge). The engine uses a series of helper functions and a custom built template manager to create a single page web app (no refreshes or page loads except for the initial load).

• S - Single
  • P - Page
  • A - Application
  • D - Designed for
  • E - Efficiency

I will not go into detail during this post, due to this not being an official release. With that being said below are a couple of the technologies and features unique to SPADE:

• Uses HTTP API requests (limited by PHPs lack of REST API support)
  • Uses CSS Grids to make a very dynamic user interface
  • Includes a full mobile site - this goes hand in hand with the CSS Grids
  • A full UI templating engine that will build the entire app for you...assuming all the appropriate functions are defined
  • Custom error handling via the UI templating engine

Current plan for release: 

• Price: $50
  • Release Date: TBD - It is hard to have an exact date due to having a family to spend time with, and work to attend to

So you may be asking "If this is not a release what is this post about?!" Well today i would like to invite you to come check out the UI and features that will be released with this engine. The UI as it stands right now is 95% complete (I have plans to add a couple minor feature, and there are always bugs to fix). The staff panel is currently in development - early early stages (which is why this is not ready for release).

Feel free to come check out the game engine:

https://spade.makeweb.games/

I ask that everyone please create their own account, due to the current token system being a single token at a time (if you log in and someone else was already logged in to that account it will kick them out).

If you have any questions or want any clarification please leave a reply and i will answer you as soon as i can!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, PHPStudent said:

I like it @gamble

I think the stat bars could be a little thicker and equally sized cause the energy bar looks a little less thicker than the others. But otherwise very simple and nice.

Screenshot_20210725-025211.jpg

Good eye!

I hadn't actually noticed that. I'll definitely look into that and get it fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2021 at 11:31 AM, ags_cs4 said:

i dont think its coded in PHP

there is no how you did, just find some youtube or some books and start learning

Actually it is coded in php. 

It uses php and JavaScript.

I was hoping to release the engine sooner, but a lot of stuff has come up in my personal life so it's been hard to work on it lately. Hopefully it'll be finished soon though

• 2 months later...

Quick update:

First off happy Halloween!

This project is getting super close to release. I've reworked a couple systems to make them a little more modular.

Here is my list of things to do:

-Points usage options control in staff panel

-Awards control in staff panel

-Crimes management in staff panel

-Crons management in staff panel

That's right! All remaining things to be done are staff panel related. This is taking me a bit longer, since I'm not used to creating or even using staff panels.

Edited by gamble

• 2 months later...

After fighting and getting over covid + the holidays, this project is back in full swing. Crime Management is close to being complete, and Crons are still being planned out for the management portion - they are a bit more complicated to manage, so im trying to simplify them a bit.

After that SPADE should be good for release - i am hoping for the end of this month or early next month

Crimes management in Staff Panel completed. Beginning work on Crons management soon. Looks like i could be done with this in a week or two. End of month is worst case scenario.

I also have to write some forum posts about creating mods, and general information about working with the engine.

Edited by gamble

Quick update: Crons (actually timestamps) management started, but may have to rework them...spent all day reworking player regeneration queries (crons). Player regenerations now only occur when the user is fetched through the User class. This will greatly reduce resources over having 1 giant query for all users.

Currently problem solving on how to sort the order the timestamp crons run in. Either a number based system, groups (primary and secondary group), or just order of creation. The current issue is im trying to make the engine dynamic, which make having a "clean up" cron necessary (Meaning a cron to specifically check for energy, health, brave, etc over max and setting it to the max value so we are not over it). This creates the need for 2 crons...which is not "intelligent"

Maybe set min and maxes value on crons...

sorry thinking out loud. Any input is appreciated

• 1 month later...