MakeWebGames

Seasonal Events

Dayo

I've been developing several mods over the past few months and I was thinking of releasing them as one big bundle, the general idea is seasonal events to keep your users interested.

Ideas ive have so far: (bold are already coded)

1. New Years - Resolutions - The user picks 3 of 6 tasks if they complete them they get a reward
  2. Valentines Day - Marriage mod - Two users can get married, when one dies the other gets all their stuff.
  3. St Patricks Day - For 24 hours crime and theft chance is increased
  4. Easter - Easter Egg Hunt - Across various different pages there are hidden eggs for you to find, each egg has a different reward
  5. Halloween - Not sure yet
  6. Movember - Not sure yet but i think it would be a good idea
  7. Christmas - Advent calendar - Each day on the run up to Christmas users can get a prize.

If there are any other seasonal events you would like just say.

The price of this would be about $35USD but i would add more seasonal events as the year goes on.

• Like 7

Torn does well with calendar events its very worthwhile doing. they fill the full year pretty sure. For instance valentines day is about reducing cost of energy used per attack with an item called love potion.

Its used well on your Fortnite, Dauntless type games also - they're both using same engine also

Id love to know how yourn going to increase a users crime theft chance without altering crime/theft files in the current GL system. This would help me tremendously with a lot of mod ideas i have myself.

Edit:

Independence Day Event July 4th?

• Like 1

Dayo ... when I had DANE up and running, I did the Advent calendar for Christmas ... huge success on it too. Everyone loved it.

For Halloween, I took an image of Frankenstein and cut it into 20 different sections and hid them throughout the game, even on player profiles. Once they had all 20 pieces, they then had to go to the "Doctor" to have him sewn back together. They had a 1 in 10 chance of him being sewn back together wrong. If he was sewn together wrong, then they had to find the "Surgeon" to correct the "Doctors" mistake. Once Frankie was all in one piece, they won different prizes based on whether they needed the Doctor or the Surgeon. The Surgeon prizes were higher in value since they had to pay the Doctor first and then the Surgeon. This one was a huge hit with the players as well.

• Like 1

opens the door for a calendar that shows off each event. Could open the door for an event shop that becomes rewards that might rank players to whom wins and places for rewards. Single, weekly and monthly events sounds like a winner to me and can be theme based to your game as well.

maybe in the ACP have a panel where you create the event name, select the date period, description, items you win as you go,  and then overall winners rewards for 1st to 5th place for example. adding in theme changes might be a stretch for a mod like this but maybe something to expand on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 7:44 AM, Sim said:

Id love to know how yourn going to increase a users crime theft chance without altering crime/theft files in the current GL system. This would help me tremendously with a lot of mod ideas i have myself.

Edit:

Independence Day Event July 4th?

I’m thinking maybe by hooking into this user property:

https://github.com/ChristopherDay/Gangster-Legends-V2/blob/master/modules/installed/crimes/crimes.inc.php#L145

• Thanks 1