MakeWebGames

Host Avatars Locally

CrazyElk

2 hours ago, Djkanna said:

It takes a little bit more effort for safety of uploading images, but certainly possible to do. I wrote one for MCCodes that could be converted but I don't think it's still on here now. - if I can find it I will pop it up. 🙂

Your a pal ... cheers.

1 hour ago, Dayo said:

I'll look into this

Thank you, the framework for uploading appears to exist relative to adding modules and themes, occurs to me it may be a relatively simple task to port that to locally storing avatars ... cheers.

• 1 month later...

personally in my game i just use for the output to save on database space and get rid of the whole FastImage class also.

public function getProfilePicture() 
{
	$pic = glob("images/avatars/" . $this->info->U_id . ".{jpg,jpeg,png,gif}", GLOB_BRACE);
	$pic = ($pic ? $pic[0] : "images/avatars/default.png");
	return $pic;
}

for the upload i check all file extensions and also i stop any execution in the images directory if this system was to ever fail 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, URBANZ said:

personally in my game i just use for the output to save on database space and get rid of the whole FastImage class also.

public function getProfilePicture() { $pic = glob("images/avatars/" . $this->info->U_id . ".{jpg,jpeg,png,gif}", GLOB_BRACE); $pic = ($pic ? $pic[0] : "images/avatars/default.png"); return $pic; }

public function getProfilePicture() 
{
	$pic = glob("images/avatars/" . $this->info->U_id . ".{jpg,jpeg,png,gif}", GLOB_BRACE);
	$pic = ($pic ? $pic[0] : "images/avatars/default.png");
	return $pic;
}

for the upload i check all file extensions and also i stop any execution in the images directory if this system was to ever fail 

I can throw a little PHP code into a .jpg and cURL it to execute whatever I want on your server.
Checking the extension alone is not enough

for the upload i check all file extensions and also i stop any execution in the images directory if this system was to ever fail 

this is very true MTG this is why i do extra checks that is just 1 check for file exensions then stop executions in certain directories. but i know what you mean if people fail to do this it is easy to execute code 

Edited by URBANZ