MakeWebGames

Android Device as web server

Sim

2 hours ago, Sim said:

Anyone ever turn there cell phone into web server to develop on locally? I'm probably only goofball that develops on cellphone full-time anyway 

How would you go about doing that (I currently don't own a phone just don't want one) but it would be pretty decent to do. How would you exactly go about extracting the files back to your desktop?

4 hours ago, ags_cs4 said:

why would i use phone for full flegde dev work? it take too much time just tom make a small file

long ago when my pc or internet was down i would go work in internet cafee (not 100% privacy, but i would only code there)

Especially since you can now get a relatively low end, but suitable for dev notebook for <£100. Sure beats £1200 ish for a phone.

Surprisingly though there must be a market for doing this, just by the looks of the Play Store search results for HTTP server. Quite an interesting idea, but from a personal standpoint, I'd much rather stick the the desktop/laptop. - Bought a Surface Pro for on-the-go work/dev work but yet still fallback to the main PC, the surface is now a fancy albeit expensive web cam for Zoom/Microsoft Teams meetings and that's about it, makes the additional £250 keyboard (MS:Money Grabbers) seem a little bit pointless ha... 

• Like 1

I do it cause I don't have the money to purchase any netbook, laptop or PC. I am actually getting find of using my phone. Im able to code on bus stops, the bus. In between driving from jobs while at work. 

Could you imagine bringing a laptop to work doing home improvement and start coding while driving from job to job? 

I am use to it now sorry of. It's not slower. And my eyes struggle after staring at this little screen for hours on end. 

47 minutes ago, Sim said:

I do it cause I don't have the money to purchase any netbook, laptop or PC. I am actually getting find of using my phone. Im able to code on bus stops, the bus. In between driving from jobs while at work. 

Could you imagine bringing a laptop to work doing home improvement and start coding while driving from job to job? 

I am use to it now sorry of. It's not slower. And my eyes struggle after staring at this little screen for hours on end. 

What about a tablet/keyboard combo? (Easier on the eyes) - Microsoft Surface is pretty decent they have a ‘GO’ version which is a lighter (read:cheaper) option.

Or just a basic android tablet? Like $50.

Edited by Djkanna

1 hour ago, peterisgb said:

I have this dongle thing that allows me to plug my mouse and keyboard into my phone. I can hook anything with USB upto my phone. The ps3 controller has been the most oddest thing to hook up to the phone lol. 

😄

That sounds like a very awesome thing