MakeWebGames

What's everyone working on?

Sim

As the topic says, what is everyone working on 

For myself, I am working on deciding what features to include in the initial release of my game. As well, as having my GUI/design done, and modding GL slot to meet my needs.

I am also finishing up on my item System.

7 hours ago, Sim said:

Describe what React DOM frontend and JWT authentication is ? :0

React DOM is a Javascript frontend framework to develop with emphasis on having managed DOM elements - https://reactjs.org/

JWT is a JSON web token that you assign to a client so they can be authorised on the server-side application to communicate with JSON objects to an API, for example - https://jwt.io/introduction/

Edited by sniko
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

On 6/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, Djkanna said:

Work life, lots of non-dev related stuffs.

Free time nonexistent, am currently toying around with a PBBG with NodeJS and VueJS though.

About a year later... I actually started to play with the idea. 

Frontend
Vue 3 & Pinia (though you could use Vuex 4 )
Tailwind - Generally dislike it, but I was feeling lazy, very lazy. 

Backend:
Node
AdonisJS ( V5 preview )
MySQL

Likely not going to finish it into an actual game or it ever see the light of day, however enjoyed the switchover to Vue 3, there's not really a great deal of adoption as of yet in terms of the Vue 3 ecosystem but that's the fun, having to build your own UI library because there isn't one available ( although there is now, EqualUI and Oruga )

1619297077069.thumb.png.bbd6ccc862cc2478565e708f3381c79e.png

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Djkanna said:

About a year later... I actually started to play with the idea. 

Frontend
Vue 3 & Pinia (though you could use Vuex 4 )
Tailwind - Generally dislike it, but I was feeling lazy, very lazy. 

Backend:
Node
AdonisJS ( V5 preview )
MySQL

Likely not going to finish it into an actual game or it ever see the light of day, however enjoyed the switchover to Vue 3, there's not really a great deal of adoption as of yet in terms of the Vue 3 ecosystem but that's the fun, having to build your own UI library because there isn't one available ( although there is now, EqualUI and Oruga )

1619297077069.thumb.png.bbd6ccc862cc2478565e708f3381c79e.png

That is clean looking. Ive always wanted to try something with AdonisJs myself but my js skills are not up to par

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyleMassacre said:

That is clean looking. Ive always wanted to try something with AdonisJs myself but my js skills are not up to par

It’s quite straightforward I’d recommend just messing around with it following the guides available ( some docs not quite descriptive enough so requires a little digging into the source ) it’s (v5) written in typescript which may help you in its readability. 
Always around if you get stuck or need a nudge. 🙂

Edited by Djkanna

27 minutes ago, Djkanna said:

It’s quite straightforward I’d recommend just messing around with it following the guides available ( some docs not quite descriptive enough so requires a little digging into the source ) it’s (v5) written in typescript which may help you in its readability. 
Always around if you get stuck or need a nudge. 🙂

I use Adonis every now and then when I get the urge for something new but usually stick to V4

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Currently I am working on my first browser mini game, which was created by accident 🙂 All began with desire to prepare some small demo for job interview and now it is something living on the Web 😉 I like concept of minimalistic game mechanics (hello 2048), since it boosts thinking process of how to make something simple and entertaining at the same time