MakeWebGames

Whats stopping you using/developing module for GL?

Dayo

Honest opinions, what is preventing you from using or developing modules for GL v2?

I think GL is one of the better option out there but while its popularity is rising there are still not many developers working on it and modding it. 

A few examples of what you can do with GL is:

TBH I just need to dig into it more. I have showed you a little something that I started working on that I do want to actually finish and possibly share with the user base but the one thing I think for me is a lack of understanding of the game mechanics.

Another opinion that I have also is that maybe you could offer a “lite” version that has pretty much nothing except for core features where someone like a developer can create their own game mechanics. But like I said, I need to dig into it a lot more and a lot of what I said may actually be moot.

@Dayo the first and third game you linked are down.

To your actual point, I think the issue is that the market for TBGs is clearly not what it once was so the "need" for developers is a lot less compared to say 5 years ago. Personally, I think if people are looking to break into this market with new engines it should be targeted for mobiles, by that, I don't mean mobile responsive, I mean the sort of engine built on top of cordova or Ionic with a RESTful backend.

Now, I do see the downsides to this too, it would definitely require developers to have a lot more grounding in other tech and would make it a lot more difficult for hobbyist to come along a hack a game together which may not be ideal for your circumstance but I think this would be a promising way forward.

Edited by Script47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ags_cs4 said:

i like the engine i used it once to make a game but later i stoped mid way but i made a lot of mods , here some screenshots of what i made

click the spoiler to see the images:

Hide contents

Screenshot_51.png

Screenshot_52.png

Screenshot_53.png

Screenshot_54.png

Screenshot_55.png

Screenshot_56.png

Screenshot_57.png

Screenshot_58.png

Screenshot_59.png

Screenshot_60.png