MakeWebGames

Watch Out For This User

Andy

I couldnt find a relevent section to post this so decided to post it in here but its just a heads up.

There is a user going by the name of Power when registering on games.

he slanders your game to try deminsh the name etc.

Claims he can hack your game and its poorly made and then links them to his current (stolen) game

https://mafia-paradise2.co.uk

His ip on registration so you can keep an eye out for him was [redacted]

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, InverTed said:

Unfortunately hes just one of the few that does things like this. Don't know how many times I've DMCA'd folks for the same thing. Their all the same, just different keywords eh?

You can't DMCA someone unless you yourself own the rights IIRC. And I think this script was made way over 10 years ago now based on Gangster Paradise.

Unfortunately, and i've stated this to others, I used to frequent this website, never really advertised what I made here, but there were a few that were stealing 99% of my hard work, and that allowed me to pursue DMCA's. Pimpsnhoes, small time name, but anything related to the engine I created for that client has been noted showing up. Never received payment so I never removed my copyright, and I know when I run across something I've made.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

You can't DMCA someone unless you yourself own the rights IIRC. And I think this script was made way over 10 years ago now based on Gangster Paradise.

Not necessarily, you just have to be a “delegate”. I don’t know the exact term but basically you don’t have to be the owner of the rights but some sort of representative. I used to issue numerous DMCAs on behalf of MCC and even wrote a fancy little script when I was revamping their admin panel that would check if it was a licensed domain and send an email to the email associated to the domain and an email to the email associated with the hosting provider’s support through their ICANN records

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

Not necessarily, you just have to be a “delegate”. I don’t know the exact term but basically you don’t have to be the owner of the rights but some sort of representative. I used to issue numerous DMCAs on behalf of MCC and even wrote a fancy little script when I was revamping their admin panel that would check if it was a licensed domain and send an email to the email associated to the domain and an email to the email associated with the hosting provider’s support through their ICANN records

Also hosting companies can't really be bothered to validate everything, so if a DMCA is legit enough they'll most likely just pull the content.

However, DMCA only technically works on websites hosted in the US, unless something has changed recently.