MakeWebGames

Magictallguy

Magictallguy

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Who are you? Why are you here!?

Just kidding, great to see you again MTG. Been too long ? 

What you currently working on / doing with yourself?

1 minute ago, adamhull said:

He did the bulk of GRPG V2 rewrite ?

I part-own Carnal Cove, and I'm currently working on a brand new game engine for a friend of mine over at YourMafia.
I'm also working on a little project for myself, but progress is slow (due to my other responsibilities).

1 hour ago, Magictallguy said:

Carnal Cove's running CCv2 RC4, a custom source _very_ loosely based on MCCraps (due to the game's origin).
And YourMafia's running YMv1, gRPG v1, majorly rewritten. YMv2's currently in a closed beta

You mean, we're running YM v2.0 running on a completely rewritten gRPG v1ish... with YMv3 currently in development / closed beta? Remember, you already rewrote the original YM once ?

1 hour ago, Magictallguy said:

Carnal Cove's running CCv2 RC4, a custom source _very_ loosely based on MCCraps (due to the game's origin).
And YourMafia's running YMv1, gRPG v1, majorly rewritten. YMv2's currently in a closed beta

Huh that's interesting, so is it still McCodes somewhere deep down?

5 minutes ago, death0328 said:

You mean, we're running YM v2.0 running on a completely rewritten gRPG v1ish... with YMv3 currently in development / closed beta? Remember, you already rewrote the original YM once ?

Why am I getting the feeling MTG likes to rewrite things? 

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Huh that's interesting, so is it still McCodes somewhere deep down?

Why am I getting the feeling MTG likes to rewrite things? 

Well, I wouldn't say "Like" is the word for it... But with the constant upgrading and the demand for change in our project specifically, (yourmafia) it has definitely caused a number of rewrites just for optimizations and getting the original file set to work on PhP 7.2... Originally the game was written in very broken gRPG v1 and barely capable of running on PhP 5.4 let alone attempting to run on higher... 

3 minutes ago, death0328 said:

Well, I wouldn't say "Like" is the word for it... But with the constant upgrading and the demand for change in our project specifically, (yourmafia) it has definitely caused a number of rewrites just for optimizations and getting the original file set to work on PhP 7.2... Originally the game was written in very broken gRPG v1 and barely capable of running on PhP 5.4 let alone attempting to run on higher... 

Ah yeah I wouldn't even want to try running McCodes v2 in it's current state on PHP 7.2, it'd throw errors out everywhere.

It's great to see there's still a market for text based games.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ah yeah I wouldn't even want to try running McCodes v2 in it's current state on PHP 7.2, it'd throw errors out everywhere.

[...]

It does.
I've got a PHP7-compatible MCCv2 lying around one of my drives - no real reason, just wanted to get some practise in - recoding that was .. fun

Edited by Magictallguy

• 2 years later...