Jump to content
MakeWebGames

Recommended Posts

Hi there!
If you're reading this, then .. well .. you clicked the topic name HUURRRHURRRHURRRHURRR

I'm Magictallguy, 27 (at the time of writing), and living in greytown in greycity where everything's grey (Bolton).
Annnnd I've got no idea what else to put here. Ask away, I'll update this with answers

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Who are you? Why are you here!?

Just kidding, great to see you again MTG. Been too long ? 

What you currently working on / doing with yourself?

 

1 minute ago, adamhull said:

He did the bulk of GRPG V2 rewrite ?

I part-own Carnal Cove, and I'm currently working on a brand new game engine for a friend of mine over at YourMafia.
I'm also working on a little project for myself, but progress is slow (due to my other responsibilities).

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

 

I part-own Carnal Cove, and I'm currently working on a brand new game engine for a friend of mine over at YourMafia.
I'm also working on a little project for myself, but progress is slow (due to my other responsibilities).

Oh that's really cool, are these both running on GRPG?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave said:

Oh that's really cool, are these both running on GRPG?

Carnal Cove's running CCv2 RC4, a custom source _very_ loosely based on MCCraps (due to the game's origin).
And YourMafia's running YMv1, gRPG v1, majorly rewritten. YMv2's currently in a closed beta

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magictallguy said:

Carnal Cove's running CCv2 RC4, a custom source _very_ loosely based on MCCraps (due to the game's origin).
And YourMafia's running YMv1, gRPG v1, majorly rewritten. YMv2's currently in a closed beta

You mean, we're running YM v2.0 running on a completely rewritten gRPG v1ish... with YMv3 currently in development / closed beta? Remember, you already rewrote the original YM once ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magictallguy said:

Carnal Cove's running CCv2 RC4, a custom source _very_ loosely based on MCCraps (due to the game's origin).
And YourMafia's running YMv1, gRPG v1, majorly rewritten. YMv2's currently in a closed beta

Huh that's interesting, so is it still McCodes somewhere deep down?

5 minutes ago, death0328 said:

You mean, we're running YM v2.0 running on a completely rewritten gRPG v1ish... with YMv3 currently in development / closed beta? Remember, you already rewrote the original YM once ?

Why am I getting the feeling MTG likes to rewrite things? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave said:

Huh that's interesting, so is it still McCodes somewhere deep down?

Why am I getting the feeling MTG likes to rewrite things? 

Well, I wouldn't say "Like" is the word for it... But with the constant upgrading and the demand for change in our project specifically, (yourmafia) it has definitely caused a number of rewrites just for optimizations and getting the original file set to work on PhP 7.2... Originally the game was written in very broken gRPG v1 and barely capable of running on PhP 5.4 let alone attempting to run on higher... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, death0328 said:

Well, I wouldn't say "Like" is the word for it... But with the constant upgrading and the demand for change in our project specifically, (yourmafia) it has definitely caused a number of rewrites just for optimizations and getting the original file set to work on PhP 7.2... Originally the game was written in very broken gRPG v1 and barely capable of running on PhP 5.4 let alone attempting to run on higher... 

Ah yeah I wouldn't even want to try running McCodes v2 in it's current state on PHP 7.2, it'd throw errors out everywhere.

It's great to see there's still a market for text based games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ah yeah I wouldn't even want to try running McCodes v2 in it's current state on PHP 7.2, it'd throw errors out everywhere.

[...]

It does.
I've got a PHP7-compatible MCCv2 lying around one of my drives - no real reason, just wanted to get some practise in - recoding that was .. fun

Edited by Magictallguy
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MNG said:

You wouldn't be having the mods ya created me a few years back, No? It's okay but thanks for letting me know MWG was back.

'fraid not, but I can probably write them again if you let me know what they were (my memory's shot these days)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...