MakeWebGames

New web development forum with a section for game engines

IllegalPigeon

Alright, so, as good as this forum is, me and [MENTION=71662]CaptainQuack[/MENTION] have taken it upon ourselves to create a new forum geared towards web development. We have included a section for games like McCodes, feel free to suggest more. I'll add whatever engines we've missed. Same for things like Frameworks, if that's what you want to discuss, for example; Laravel.

This isn't a site for just PHP/HTML, feel free to come and discuss your preferred language (@Sim I'm looking at you, if I've missed something, tell me, I'll add it). You shouldn't have to put up with spam, either (fingers crossed), on the subject of spam, maybe [MENTION=53425]Magictallguy[/MENTION] could come help me out, tell me how I can cause the most inconvenience to users with CAPTCHA. (Just joking, please no one cry, just making a joke about that thread!). On the note of that thread, [MENTION=65530]Coly010[/MENTION] you're also invited ;)

Jokes aside, everyone is invited to come and check it out. I'll be more than happy to help with development questions regarding PHP, Laravel, etc. I'll also post up some tutorials for Laravel and other stuff. Myself, [MENTION=71662]CaptainQuack[/MENTION], [MENTION=68711]KyleMassacre[/MENTION] and [MENTION=71587]~Rob0t[/MENTION] are currently moderating. There's nothing there at the moment so come and say hello. [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION] and [MENTION=64684]Dayo[/MENTION] wanted mentions here, so...there. Also, [MENTION=64687]Dominion[/MENTION] can tell us more about how PHP is made out to be something it's not. (Another joke, calm down people!).

Er, I think that's it. I'll still be around here, just not as much. I only really show up here when I'm summoned anyway! Or if someone is dropping some dank memes.

Forum: http://webmonkeys.io/

Ciao!

Also, [MENTION=64687]Dominion[/MENTION] can tell us more about how PHP is made out to be something it's not. (Another joke, calm down people!).

It's not so much that people try to make PHP something it's not, but judge it for not being more then it is. It's designed for web development, and as an easy to use script language. Wishing it was C#/C++ doesn't make sense to me. Just pick the right language for the job in the first place.

In any case good luck with your website. [MENTION=64603]Sim[/MENTION] has his own as well that's been open for a while.

I would buy up the .com domain as well. .io is an Indian ocean reference to the British territory with Diego Garcia on it. Won't effect anything just an interesting side not for the people who think it means "input/output". :p

That a custom forum [MENTION=71663]IllegalPigeon[/MENTION] ? Cause I do not see the CopyRight so I am fairly certain its a pirated version.

You shouldn't have to ask me for sections? =}

But why is JavaScript not mentioned at all? It's one of the most used languages in the world today.

If you want to get technical, content management is back-end and not front-end. I also already see spam?

C# is hardly used for web development.

You might want to get some professionals that know how to code in all those languages and correct terminology cause I am sure you do not have sufficient knowledge to answer questions in all those sections. I don't know about @CaptainQuake though. I might know everything listed on my development forum http://www.GameMakersForums.com but I do have the people who do.

That a custom forum [MENTION=71663]IllegalPigeon[/MENTION] ? Cause I do not see the CopyRight so I am fairly certain its a pirated version.

You shouldn't have to ask me for sections? =}

But why is JavaScript not mentioned at all? It's one of the most used languages in the world today.

If you want to get technical, content management is back-end and not front-end. I also already see spam?

C# is hardly used for web development.

You might want to get some professionals that know how to code in all those languages and correct terminology cause I am sure you do not have sufficient knowledge to answer questions in all those sections. I don't know about @CaptainQuake though. I might know everything listed on my development forum http://www.GameMakersForums.com but I do have the people who do.

Forum uses XenForo. You can disable the copyright if you pay.

Javascript was not mentioned, but it will be. Like I said, if I've missed something, I'll add it in.

Content management refers to the type of content you stick on the front-end, for purposes such as SEO or to get reviews about your content. You're referring to a Content Management System. "Content management (CM) is the administration of digital content throughout its lifecycle, from creation to permanent storage or deletion". Even if we were to assume everyone had a back-end system to manage their content, even though they don't, it's still front-end.

Also, regards to spam...1 person manually signed up and edited his profile. I can't do much about that, only ban them.

C# is under "General Development"

The only languages I'd be unable to help with there is Ruby and C#. It's a forum, people capable of answering such questions will come, it's just a waiting game!

I would buy up the .com domain as well. .io is an Indian ocean reference to the British territory with Diego Garcia on it. Won't effect anything just an interesting side not for the people who think it means "input/output". :p

Yes, it used to be associated with British Indian Ocean Territory but is more associated with tech nowadays.

https://www.name.com/domains/io

Edited by IllegalPigeon
  • Like 1