MakeWebGames

Sorry state of this forum

Dayo

We can all see this forum is slowly dying but singling out people for there flaws really doesn't help. If you are so much better then someone, rather then have a go at them just walk on and find someone else to talk to.

The only thing you gain is a little self indulgence and the reputation of the forum downgraded even more.

• Like 1

Can't argue with that. Been checking the forums again for about two weeks, and I'm incredibly disappointed. Not only is the site dying, but there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to restart it. Probably because the owners [MENTION=50368]Dabomstew[/MENTION] and [MENTION=50433]ColdBlooded[/MENTION] vanished... again.

It's sad. This was always a small community, but it always had good members. Most of them seem to have either left or just lurk in the background, and when you do that eventually they just stop lurking.

One thing I can suggest is moderating posts that single someone out and put them down.

After what happened with me i questioned whether I should continue programming. I questioned if I should just drop out of uni. I was scared to go online. If I was simply hacked, it would have been fine, I could have dealt with it. But when someone writes a post about you, which is complete slander and insults, and people on the forum just sit and wait for a reaction as if it's good reading, something to enjoy. It hurts. So just try to moderate posts to make sure there isn't any form of bullying going on because from experience, it's horrible.

Also, if someone does do something that singles out and targets a person to put them down and make them feel worthless, and they do it anonymously, but staff have info that could help reveal their identity, then I believe staff should be allowed to handover this info to the victim so that they can work out who it is.

After all, hacking and cyber bullying is a crime. And if a person gets away with it once, what's to stop them doing it again.

One thing I can suggest is moderating posts that single someone out and put them down.

After what happened with me i questioned whether I should continue programming. I questioned if I should just drop out of uni. I was scared to go online. If I was simply hacked, it would have been fine, I could have dealt with it. But when someone writes a post about you, which is complete slander and insults, and people on the forum just sit and wait for a reaction as if it's good reading, something to enjoy. It hurts. So just try to moderate posts to make sure there isn't any form of bullying going on because from experience, it's horrible.

Also, if someone does do something that singles out and targets a person to put them down and make them feel worthless, and they do it anonymously, but staff have info that could help reveal their identity, then I believe staff should be allowed to handover this info to the victim so that they can work out who it is.

After all, hacking and cyber bullying is a crime. And if a person gets away with it once, what's to stop them doing it again.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I am sorry if I couldn't give you the info that you wanted but I also have to respect people's privacy. IMHO, information that the public can't see is hidden for a reason (granted this person covered their tracks, so any information I could have given wouldn't have helped any).

Maybe Dave, Dom, and I can have a chat and lay out some rules and revamp some existing ones. Dave and I have already chatted a bit earlier today and we both agreed on actually using the infraction system (which with VB5 there is a give infraction button in plain view of the post). The only difficult thing is this forum is open to the public so we can permaban and they can just re-register, so we will be running in circles.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I am sorry if I couldn't give you the info that you wanted but I also have to respect people's privacy. IMHO, information that the public can't see is hidden for a reason (granted this person covered their tracks, so any information I could have given wouldn't have helped any).

Maybe Dave, Dom, and I can have a chat and lay out some rules and revamp some existing ones. Dave and I have already chatted a bit earlier today and we both agreed on actually using the infraction system (which with VB5 there is a give infraction button in plain view of the post). The only difficult thing is this forum is open to the public so we can permaban and they can just re-register, so we will be running in circles.

Don't worry about it :) I understand and respect your decision on the matter, I just mean going forward maybe it is something that should be looked at.

[uSER=65530]Coly010[/uSER] I've never supported people being personally attacked on this board, and it pains me to see what should be such a great community doing that to others. We'll be drafting up some new general rules over the coming days / weeks to try and combat the negativity which came all to common here.

Don't ever give up on what you have a passion for just because someone else can't understand you're learning and trying your best!

• Like 2

I agree with Dave. Thats what I was going to get at as well before I started rambling on haha. Even in the case of jcvenom, I talked him out of a lot of gnarly stuff. I agree I cant compare you two because you are two different people. But Coly, I think you are great and a real nice guy and dont listen to people when they tell you stuff because some people cant just give constructive advice for whatever reason.

• Like 1