MakeWebGames

0 = Invalid Input

Samurai Legend

So when I add 0 in the input boxes in staff files my outcomes is invalid input or something like that

if (!$price || !$will || !$_POST['id']) 
       {
           echo 'Sorry, invalid input.
           <br />> <a href="staff_houses.php?action=edithouse">Go Back</a>';
           die($h->endpage());
       }

I realised it is something to do with

!$_POST['id']

however I thought it will show only if it is a empty field however it includes 0s to. How can I go around this?

I had the same problem and was the reason stopped with my mccodes project. The code style in the files was disgusting to me.

There are parts that have

Empty($var)

If $var = 0 ; then that empty will return true telling you you haven't filled the form out right.

So I would change the !$price to !isset($price) etc

$id = array_key_exists('id', $_POST) && (ctype_digit($_POST['id']) || is_int($_POST['id'])) ? $_POST['id'] : FALSE ;
if (!$id) {
   exit('Nooooooooooooooooooooo');
}

That is all.

No neat enough

$id = array_key_exists('id', $_POST) && (ctype_digit($_POST['id']) || is_int($_POST['id'])) ? $_POST['id'] : FALSE ; if (!$id) exit('Nooooooooooooooooooooo');}

Gotta 1 line it! haha

No neat enough

$id = array_key_exists('id', $_POST) && (ctype_digit($_POST['id']) || is_int($_POST['id'])) ? $_POST['id'] : FALSE ; if (!$id) exit('Nooooooooooooooooooooo');}

Gotta 1 line it! haha

Never 1 line anything! Makes it super hard to read.

Spread it out, let it be free, other developers will like you more ;)

$id = array_key_exists('id', $_POST) && (ctype_digit($_POST['id']) || is_int($_POST['id'])) ? $_POST['id'] : FALSE ;
if (!$id) {
exit('Nooooooooooooooooooooo');
}

But surely, as both $_GET and $_POST variables are passed as strings or arrays, unless god forbid you modify them, there is no need for the is_int my random friend.

$id = array_key_exists('id', $_POST) && ctype_digit($_POST['id'])
   ? $_POST['id']
   : false;

# note the === to detect ONLY false, and not zero
if ($id === false) { 
   header('HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request');
   exit;
}

array_key_exists() is a sensible option as isset() or empty() can produce unexpected results. ctype_digit() will type check first; it expects a string before checking the contents and only returning true if the value is a string of possibly 0 leading digits. Of course, you still have to range check, and blindly casting to an int can yield unusual albeit edge case results. Using the more correct in this case === rather than ! allows the use to pass zero without the script terminating early.