MakeWebGames

DCSG Hosting

death

Okay, so I am not too sure if this is the proper place for this post or not, but seems to be the place to me.

Hello everyone, my name is Kaylub but I go by my middle name of Dylan, and not to get confused with DeathXXX and his shenanigans with all his little schemes, I am the original Death of the site.

I would like to introduce my newly formed Web server and hosting services. My co-partner [MENTION=70347]NonStopCoding[/MENTION] and I have been working on getting our own little Hosting company together over this past month and are finally pleased to announce its release. Packages start off small and cheap and can always be upgraded upon request. The main function of the server is to serve game owners and allow a non-biased server for them to host on.

Our site is up and running at http://www.dcsghosting.com. Anyone needing a good and fair honest host, come check us out.

By non biased, I mean we don't necessarily care what is hosted so long as it is not illegal.

At the moment, as stated, the packages are extremely small due to the server being rather small as well.

Starting package is:

5GB HDD Space

5GB bandwidth

5 FTP accounts

5 Email accounts

5 Addon Domains

Secondary package is:

10 GB HDD space

10 GB Bandwidth

10 FTP accounts

10 Email accounts

10 addon domains

The server will, however, be upgrading soon to one much faster, offering 32GB ram, each package will then begin with 25GB HDD space and 100GB bandwidth.

More details to come this weekend I hope.

• How much service experience do you have?
  • Do you manage the server yourself, or do a 3rd party?
  • Do you backup the server contents, and if so, what are your backup methods?
  • If the service has downtime, how quickly can you fix it?
  • Are we allowed to have SSH access?
  • Can we install packages? Ie. PEAR packages?
  • How up-to-date is your technology?
    • Apache/Nginx version
    • PHP version
    • Are they the latest version, or the latest stable version?
      • How much of a notice will you give to clients notifying them of an upgrade to a service?

Edited by sniko
  • Like 1

• Apache/Nginx version
    • PHP version
      • How much of a notice will you give to clients notifying them of an upgrade to a service?

1.) I have been administrating servers and VPS accounts for a little over 2 years. I began my career with djabhosting.com in 2011 and moved into helping MNG with nuxengine.me in 2013. When nuxengine.me shut down approximately 1 month ago, I purchased dcsghosting.com and decided to start my own.

2.) I manage the server myself but it is located in a datacenter in northern Canada, so technically it is only partially managed by me.

3.) At the moment, I personally do not backup the server contents, but will be adding methods to do so in the very near future. I am hoping to upgrade tonight or tomorrow to a much larger, faster, and more stable system.

4.) If the server has any downtime, I do have 2 methods of fixing it. I have a separate server that is "married" to the first allowing all accounts to continue running smoothly, or I put the server into maintenance mode and work on it ASAP. General downtime lasts less than 2 hours and is done in the middle of the night (US PST)

5.) No user aside from the owner has SSH access as it is part of the root. However, if I am to upgrade and offer VPS packages, I should be able to include SSH for each VPS.

6.) At the moment, PEAR packages are not configurable with the server I am using, but again, in the near future with this upcoming upgrade to the Dedicated server, I should be able to configure them.

7.) To answer the question on how up to date the technology is:

CENTOS 6.5 - Linux OS

cPanel Version - 11.42.1 (build 16)

Apache version - 2.4.9

PHP version - 5.4.28

MySQL version - 5.6.16

Architecture - x86_64

All software has recently been updated to the latest, most stable versions.

I give 1-2 weeks notification on when I plan to upgrade the server or any of its components within. I give all clients a 15 day notice of when they are reaching their allotted quotas and when they need to upgrade their own accounts.

Feel free to continue asking questions as I am here to promote, answer, and help

A long list of updates soon to come. I have upgraded my hosting to its own Dedicated server with much better statistics than given for the VPS I was originally on. I will followup this post with those Statistics once the server is fully provisioned.

• Apache/Nginx version
    • PHP version

1.) I have been administrating servers and VPS accounts for a little over 2 years. I began my career with djabhosting.com in 2011 and moved into helping MNG with nuxengine.me in 2013. When nuxengine.me shut down approximately 1 month ago, I purchased dcsghosting.com and decided to start my own.

2.) I manage the server myself but it is located in a datacenter in northern Canada, so technically it is only partially managed by me.

3.) The Server offers RAID 1. RAID 1 duplicates the main HDD partition onto a second HDD thus in the event of HDD Failure, no data is lost. The server also does a weekly backup of all data automatically via FTP backup.

4.) If the server has any downtime, I do have 2 methods of fixing it. I have a separate HDD with a copy of the first allowing all accounts to continue running smoothly, or I put the server into maintenance mode and work on it ASAP. General downtime lasts less than 2 hours and is done in the middle of the night (US PST)

5.) I now have a Dedicated a server running and am able to give Shell or SSH access to any client upon request.

6.) Modules are preinstalled at the moment, but I can add any module upon request.

7.) To answer the question on how up to date the technology is:

CENTOS 6.5 - Linux OS

Apache version - 2.4.9

PHP version - 5.4.28

MySQL version - 5.6.16

Architecture - x86_64

Bandwidth – 500Mbps

HDD Size – 2TB with RAID 1 2TB backup partition on separate HDD

RAM – 32GB

All software has recently been updated to the latest, most stable versions.

I give 1-2 weeks notification on when I plan to upgrade the server or any of its components within. I give all clients a 15 day notice of when they are reaching their allotted quotas and when they need to upgrade their own accounts.

Feel free to continue asking questions as I am here to promote, answer, and help

Yes Dave, you did lol. Been configuring the dedicated server with Centos 6.5 64-bit and newer Apache, PhP, cPanel, MySLQ, etc. Been at it since about 9pm last night and still working on it. I will update this or repost as soon as the site it online and server is fully functional. Sorry for the inconvenience and slight delay. I decided to pass out at the desk last night lol

Yes Dave, you did lol. Been configuring the dedicated server with Centos 6.5 64-bit and newer Apache, PhP, cPanel, MySLQ, etc. Been at it since about 9pm last night and still working on it. I will update this or repost as soon as the site it online and server is fully functional. Sorry for the inconvenience and slight delay. I decided to pass out at the desk last night lol

Why no love for Nginx or LightHTTPD?

I will have Nginx and/or OpenVZ hopefully installed soon as well for the offering of VPS packages. At the moment, cPanel has some issues which has been causing random crashes, so am actually determining whether to stick to Centos 06 or to switch to Windows Plesk 11

CENTOS 6.5 - Linux OS

Apache version - 2.4.9

PHP version - 5.4.28

MySQL version - 5.6.16

Architecture - i686

Perl version 5.10.1

Kernel version 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.i686

Bandwidth – 500Mbps

HDD Size – 2TB with RAID 1 2TB backup partition on separate HDD (currently 1TB physical space remaining)

RAM – 32GB

• 1 month later...
Not sure how Death own a host while he runs off ripping people off meaning never paying for layouts but I might just post some screenies for that soon.

> might.

Don't make accusations without providing evidence to backup your claims; even if you intend to post evidence, post it at the same time of the accusation, else you look like an idiot/hater.

Edited by sniko

> might.

Don't make accusations without providing evidence to backup your claims; even if you intend to post evidence, post it at the same time of the accusation, else you look like an idiot/hater.

Sad thing is, that is an old accusation from back when he dropped his host on me. I never paid for the work because I never received the files. I never even got to see the finished product. I believe that I have even posted a total of 13 screen shots in an accusation thread where MNG is defined as a scammer.