MakeWebGames

What do you think stoners?

The Coder

I'm definitely pro marijuana. There are no downsides from what I can see. Affecting motivation? For me personally it helps me "get in the zone" if anything. A smoke with no one around it highly motivating, of course there are many many strains which affect you differently.

You can't simply base an argument on "weed" in general. It affects each and every person differently depending on the strain. Regarding Randys quote, it makes perfect sense.. to a degree. Sure while you are smoking you could be learning, why not smoke and learn? It isn't the best to smoke it alone, but with friends and family it's great fun, everyone just has a chilled evening.

I don't drink, anyone that really knows me knows that I hate it, for personal reasons amongst others. But drugs, sure as long as you respect them and take them in moderation.

I myself am pro marihuana. I don't smoke it or use it in any way. Here in the states this is a big deal right now whether or not to legalize it both in state and federal.

And I agree with !Angel about it affecting different people differently and have seen both sides of the spectrum with it. I have seen people just become so dependent on it and can't function correctly without it (oxymoron?). And also I have seen people who smoke weed day in and day out but it doesn't control their lives. I have a buddy who went all throughout High School stoned, got into a prestigious Uni, and graduated with honors with a degree in English, all while stoned.

The only issue I see is for the negatively affected people that tend to wanna get government assistance because that comes from my tax dollars and hopefully we pass the law that says in order to get assistance you must take drug tests. But that's about it.

I am impartial.

I don't smoke it myself as I have tried before and it just makes me paranoid and counter productive, so for me it hinders me.

That said, I don't care what others do and if it helps their creative side - kudos to them.

I am a libertarian, so of course my opinion is legalize it. I don't do it, but who am I to say what others can do or not do.

As for drug testing welfare participants, it costs a lot more to drug test than it is to just let people take the welfare. Now, I think it is unfortunate when people become dependent and then just go on welfare, however, if we are thinking about the fiscal side, it is much smarter to just let them have it when weighing out the costs.

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

I think the article has everything you need to know.

And I did categorize this thread correctly after all, I don't see why not...

I did mean because I wasn't sure how many programmers do so well high. Clearly people have opinions on it so I stand corrected.

I don't do it - wouldn't want to legalize it either unless it was under very strict conditions (e.g. home use only?). Don't like sitting next to a drunk person on a bus or even someone who stinks of smoke never mind someone who is high.

I can agree with Dom here. It needs to be regulated much like tobacco and alcohol because I don't care what people say, it does affect your reflexes so getting in a car stoned off your arse would be bad.

@Peter:

Yeah your right about the cost of the drug tests but people who generally smoke weed would have a greater chance of failing the test which means no assistance at all so I'm willing to have my taxes pay for people to take a drug test to get assistance.

This would "weed" *I make a funny?* out a lot of people getting on average (just for fun) we'll say $1,000/mo. whereas a drug test probably costs $200-300 dollars from a clinic?

@The Coder:

Yes it can. Though the feeling of being stoned has a different feeling compared to drunk it has the same effects and hinders your judgement and decision making abilities. Granted actually smoking weed doesn't do anything that bad to your body driving while under the influence can ;)

I can agree with Dom here. It needs to be regulated much like tobacco and alcohol because I don't care what people say, it does affect your reflexes so getting in a car stoned off your arse would be bad.

@Peter:

Yeah your right about the cost of the drug tests but people who generally smoke weed would have a greater chance of failing the test which means no assistance at all so I'm willing to have my taxes pay for people to take a drug test to get assistance.

This would "weed" *I make a funny?* out a lot of people getting on average (just for fun) we'll say $1,000/mo. whereas a drug test probably costs $200-300 dollars from a clinic?

@The Coder:

Yes it can. Though the feeling of being stoned has a different feeling compared to drunk it has the same effects and hinders your judgement and decision making abilities. Granted actually smoking weed doesn't do anything that bad to your body driving while under the influence can ;)

I have to disagree on that last point. Being drunk and being stoned are two totally different leagues. Being drunk generally means you have no sense of control at all, whereas weed only slows down your control. You are still able to make decisions on your own without assistance.

I'm a bit lost on the drug test thing. Governments should tax weed and make it legal, same rules for driving though, just like alcohol, you cannot smoke & drive.

I have to disagree on that last point. Being drunk and being stoned are two totally different leagues. Being drunk generally means you have no sense of control at all, whereas weed only slows down your control. You are still able to make decisions on your own without assistance.

You shouldn't be on the phone well driving... I honestly think being stoned is much worse then that. It should be as illegal as drinking and driving because even slow reactions would/could endanger lives. Besides it's illegal after only a few, and I'm always, more or less, clear headed at this point. You're thinking the completely couldn't tell you what happened last night kind of drunk.

You can't even begin to compare being drunk to being stoned.

As for being stoned and driving, it should not be allowed, its not worth the risk so if it was legalized, we would need more road cops to help the flow of traffic and get stones drivers off the road.

Bare in mind it would be taxed (weed) so it wouldn't be a problem to have officers on the road.

I've never tried it. But I don't think it is a drug or that it is bad. I also don't think it should be illegal. It's better than the **** they give you for pain that gets people hooked. Or any other kind of **** they give you that can get you addicted.

Why does everyone want to regulate things? If they get stone and get in a car accident then they are going to get into big trouble as it is. Regulating it doesn't make a different. People are still going to do it. The American 'War on Drugs', just like the Prohibition Era, has been a huge flop and has only caused more non-offensive citizen to go to jail over something stupid as smoking a plant that is naturally grown from the earth. Let people be! Belgh :P

Edited by W3Theory || Peter
  • Like 1

Why does everyone want to regulate things? If they get stone and get in a car accident then they are going to get into big trouble as it is. Regulating it doesn't make a different. People are still going to do it. The American 'War on Drugs', just like the Prohibition Era, has been a huge flop and has only caused more non-offensive citizen go to jail over something stupid as smoking a plan that is naturally grown from the earth. Let people be! Belgh :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1389[/ATTACH]

+1 for you sir.

UdWWE7q.png.7ff23c8a0bae2c8bfcb8fb3a42ba62a2.png

Why does everyone want to regulate things? If they get stone and get in a car accident then they are going to get into big trouble as it is. Regulating it doesn't make a different. People are still going to do it. The American 'War on Drugs', just like the Prohibition Era, has been a huge flop and has only caused more non-offensive citizen to go to jail over something stupid as smoking a plant that is naturally grown from the earth. Let people be! Belgh :P

I don't live in the USA and have no idea what your government is currently doing. O.o

Whereas, I'm quite against it.

Studies have shown the drawbacks (no pun intended) in prolonged use.

I have previously smoked it, stopped and made a promise to my other half never to touch it again.

With that being said, it depends on "which" weed you get your hands on.

If you get the stuff that's been sprayed with THC, then it's not weed. If you get the stuff that's been laced with f*ck knows what, then it's not weed. <-- that's the stuff that has been used in the studies.

If you get the stuff that has had no extra "modification" done to it, then the choice is yours. Smoke it, or don't.

Just let it be known that I'm against it :P