MakeWebGames

deviant wars script aka KOS clone aka lords script NOW OPEN SOURCE

advocaite

Downloaded installed and erm for the first time im stuck well I should say confused not stuck as I see config.php files and a gameworlds.php file which im assuming is the file I should set my dbase to yet it wont connect no matter what I change

Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'deviantwar'

Edited by illusions

every page damn so I gotta add things to every page ?

2 files called config.php

2 files called gameworld.php

1 in root other in a folder called accounts...

managed to connect to database at last but now when I try register im getting a page cannot be displayed for register.php even though its there

Edited by illusions

there is one thing cloning a game but ripping graphics and distributing can land you in hot water

Well I have rights to do as I want with it as do others as there is no actual licensing for it.

As for a clone that is not what it is its a full script just like the one cris sells he is not only one who got rights to it.

So now its open source people can do what they want for it as for bad practices in code the repo will get updated so i wouldn't matter if you want to help msg me on bitbucket.

ripping graphics i made the theme using bootstrap 3 as I was planing to make it more responsive to mobiles and the like.

and the background image is totally mine i still have psd for it.

I do expect other to theme it there own unique way but I'm sure people will just use the theme it has

I love the gameplay you get with this engine. Similar to that of kingsofchaos, which I spent countless hours on playing when I was younger ^^ This works as a medieval game (see my signature), as a space game, as a war game in general (any time era).. etc. But you gotta update the code to current standards. That takes a little work.

• 2 months later...