MakeWebGames

New admin

Sorry, will not change the soft yet again. Any change is more than painful, just even to import the data, and forget about importers which should do the work, they basically don't port ALL. And every port introduces yet more issues. No sorry, not willing to spend 2 weeks (like last time) to do it.

IPB is very very good, I am currently converting PHPBB -> IPB and the importer is flawless, the forum has 160k+ posts and around 10k members, though permissions and things cannot be imported it is really good, however I do understand the reason to why not :)

well I would maybe even not pick IPB... maybe I would run for an open source or xenforo

Fair enough, either way considering it even if there was a slight possibility would be nice.

well if CB or Dabs want to do it, and take the risk, fine for me. I don't care. But personally I will not invest the time into it.

Fair call :), thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi im new, so welcome to the new admin , cheers

No matter how many admins/mods are here it appears you s h i t t y spammers are getting through.

My advice would be to prevent new members from having a home page but also prevent them from having sigs until they get 10 QUALITY posts.

Stupid f a r k i n spammers.

No matter how many admins/mods are here it appears you s h i t t y spammers are getting through.

My advice would be to prevent new members from having a home page but also prevent them from having sigs until they get 10 QUALITY posts.

Stupid f a r k i n spammers.

Spam bots are becoming more and more impressive, we'll look into setting up some requirements for certain area's of the site.

Spam bots are becoming more and more impressive, we'll look into setting up some requirements for certain area's of the site.

I don't think these are typical "bots" though these days. There are other places that these same time share attorneys are hitting. It's almost like they are real people that just go around and post randomly with a link in their profile sigs

• 4 years later...
On 6/7/2013 at 2:41 PM, a_bertrand said:

well I would maybe even not pick IPB... maybe I would run for an open source or xenforo

Looks like we ended up on IPB after all.

37 minutes ago, KyleMassacre said:

On the contrary ?

Stahp!

• Haha 1

• Dave locked this topic