MakeWebGames

Game Rules overhaul

Magictallguy

I have absolutely no idea whether this has been done before, so here's my version of a Game Rules overhaul.

Keep in mind, I did develop this originally for MTG Codes, figured it may be useful to someone, and converted it to MC Craps v2 - any errors, give me a shout.

The usage is simple: Upload this gamerules.php, (be sure to make a copy of your current rules), run the SQL, continue as normal.

gamerules.php

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

SQL

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now, for those of you using the bog standard rules, simply run this SQL *AFTER* running the previous one to create the table to insert the standard rules.

Edited by Magictallguy
Updated code

Step 1:

Replace

With

Your "algorithm" for sanitizing a simple input variable is excessive, and mostly bad/wrong.

-2. Don't overwrite globals.

-1. Don't mute functions.

0. Use a proper coding style, PEAR or OTB.

1. Don't do things that call for overhead, e.g. DIRNAME(__FILE__) - use __DIR__

2. Learn to use printf related functions, i.e. w.r.t. "echo sprintf"

3. Use double quotes for HTML attributes.

4. Learn about when it's useful to use PHP close tags when templating.

I'm not trying to jack this thread or be mean, but please, since you joined again you might as well know that I(and others) personally hate MCCodes style code.

Step 1:

Replace

With

Your "algorithm" for sanitizing a simple input variable is excessive, and mostly bad/wrong.

-2. Don't overwrite globals.

-1. Don't mute functions.

0. Use a proper coding style, PEAR or OTB.

1. Don't do things that call for overhead, e.g. DIRNAME(__FILE__) - use __DIR__

2. Learn to use printf related functions, i.e. w.r.t. "echo sprintf"

3. Use double quotes for HTML attributes.

4. Learn about when it's useful to use PHP close tags when templating.

I'm not trying to jack this thread or be mean, but please, since you joined again you might as well know that I(and others) personally hate MCCodes style code.

Sounds fair enough. I'll update now. It's not I was only trying to give someone else a script to use on MC Craps with their style or anything :P

Thanks for the pointers though, I didn't know filter_input existed!

*updates all codes to reflect new knowledge*

Edited by Magictallguy

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...