• 8 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i would love to see in v3.

1: Weapon restrictions

2: Class Builds a strength class, a speed class a blah blah class

3: ability for users to add and modify quicklinks (Side nav)

4: Easier way to mod things such as Strength if you want to change the name to say Might or something make it easy to add stats, and modify them to make the game more your own.

5: Player Image...Maybe a standard for there own house...Something with an editable uploadable image for each player. Make the game more pesonal for users.

6: Customizable IPN

7: More logs...A log for everything purchased, user logins, basically a log for everything...

8: A good chat...This should come standard with the game instead of people having to scavenge for one...I mean it's pretty simple at this point and the ability is there why not throw it in?

9: SECURITY...nothing worse than buying a game and someone finding out and destroying it...

10: Final request...I know most of this is personal requests of stuff I want, but I think as this is kind of a community project all of these would be benificial to everyone. Please do not judge these as a selfish request. ;)'

11: stat caps (Adjustable) A cleaner battle system (Current one is sloppy, one click is important, but have it show details afterwards) Level Caps(These make the game more competitive) Make level and stats matter...Reduce gains in strength have them some how based on days old...

Edited by fuzzyDCR

You have to remember this is an engine there building not a whole game so keep to the NEEDED basics things that can be added as ADDONS later are and should not be confused with the focus of an engine. They are primarily for Upgraded Additions.

• 8 months later...

Keep the torn design lol. Common, but I like it & there should be a better template out of the box. Mafia games are common, true, but at the end of day...It comes down to opinion. However, if you really hate the mafia theme, I'd say a war theme, anything but space and things of that nature!:L

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is an idea for V3, as you can find in a lot of mc code mod threads pretty much every mods first SQL is

ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `blah`; 

Im suggesting, or shall I say "what I would like to see" is something along the lines of what a_b has done in NWE with his GetUserVariable() function he has in place. This way we dont clutter up the users table with a bunch of junk.

Customized error pages will be in where possible. Note that at certain stages in the code they won't be able to be shown (eg. if database connection can't be made) and so a more generic die() page will be shown.

No offense but what a load of **** this is possible as i have done this in my game engine just do a quick check in the db connection class to see if it can connect and redirect it to the error page i know for a fact this can be done as i have a template system also with custom pages and this method works fine for me

No offense but what a load of **** this is possible as i have done this in my game engine just do a quick check in the db connection class to see if it can connect and redirect it to the error page i know for a fact this can be done as i have a template system also with custom pages and this method works fine for me

Maybe it uses a db-based template system.. Besides, I doubt this will ever actually exist. They only released like 2 alpha builds to all the testers, and the last one was released almost a year ago.

• 3 weeks later...