MakeWebGames

Latest News;

ColdBlooded

This is a important announcement concerning MCCodes.

Greetings all,

I know most off you are wondering what's happening with mccodes lately as well things have once again unfortunately started too suffer due too myself and dabs activity. Well were not just lazying around and we are spending our time doing real life things (exams, work) as you all know they do have too be done.

While we are not spending as much time as we were around the forum, We are still here monitoring posts alongside A_B, Who is doing a wonderful job, We will hopefully be back full time very soon.

If you need any assistance/advice on mccodes (license info | new releases ) we are happy too help via PM( Coldblooded acct only).

[align=center]A few things too remember

• Advertising/promoting other forums is not allowed, Doing this will result in a ban/punishment too the account.
  • Encourage everyone too keep providing great modifactions and such for mccodes.
  • Report abusers/Spam.
  • If in need off professional assistance drop me a PM via mwg.
  • Keep up with our Facebook Page.
  • Enjoy yourself.

[align=left]Once again I appreciate all that A_B has done and is still doing so please show your respects when you see him throughout the forum.

Myself and dabs are hoping to be back working full time very soon!!

Thank you,

MCcodes - Dabomstew & ColdBlooded

[/align][/align]

I agree it is boring for us 'regular' members but the forums far from dead, but this isn't the place to discuss that.

I myself appreciate a reason, whether you think it's true or not, knowing is better than not knowing.

All we can do now is wait, some may flame/troll this topic but who cares anymore it's starting to be the only form of entertainment around here.

I also enjoy the fact that if it wasn't for people like Alain and Nickson, not to mention the active members they would be well and truly f*cked.

:thumbup:

You should of possibly waited until you finish your exams before taking over this forum?

Action needs to be taken soon. The forum is dead and boring.

We thought we could handle things however more things are coming too light and need to be taken care off. We are trying to do the best we can

You's always have an excuse for everything, people are sick of it and are leaving. Actually become active and do things or the forum will die.

Thats my opinion anyway.

It's not an excuse it's reality.

I agree it is boring for us 'regular' members but the forums far from dead, but this isn't the place to discuss that.

I myself appreciate a reason, whether you think it's true or not, knowing is better than not knowing.

All we can do now is wait, some may flame/troll this topic but who cares anymore it's starting to be the only form of entertainment around here.

I also enjoy the fact that if it wasn't for people like Alain and Nickson, not to mention the active members they would be well and truly f*cked.

:thumbup:

We know without the active members & the two staff members you mentioned we would be in serious need off help. We appreciate all that there doing.

I really don't see the point in this topic /the recent burst of activity from you ... Give it a week and all wil be back to normal.

Even I will be leaving this forum soon as I feel it is holding myself plus others back, I really don't see the point in keeping a forum active with a few other oeople so the owners can sit back and watch ... Us effectively keeping the forum alive and therefore earning you money in the process!

As for the things to remember that is blatant BS to try and keep your usernase here and not go elsewhere.

If you really want this forum to live you AND DABS have to pull your finger out ... Even if it is for 10 mins a day before you go to bed don't just sit at home waiting for some one to do your job for you.

I really don't see neither how checking a few posts per day would hold you back... and if you are not interested anymore in this site then fine but don't give the fault to the current owners as we said MANY times that a forum lives for and by it community and not for by the owner work. Also for the "earning money", I never saw the numbers (and I personally gain nothing from the site), but I doubt this site makes CB and Dabs any rich.

My opinion is that some of you guys try to build concurrent forums and therefore try to kill this one to attract people. Personally I could not care less... beside I find it a shame.

I really don't see the point in this topic /the recent burst of activity from you ... Give it a week and all wil be back to normal.

Even I will be leaving this forum soon as I feel it is holding myself plus others back, I really don't see the point in keeping a forum active with a few other oeople so the owners can sit back and watch ... Us effectively keeping the forum alive and therefore earning you money in the process!

As for the things to remember that is blatant BS to try and keep your usernase here and not go elsewhere.

If you really want this forum to live you AND DABS have to pull your finger out ... Even if it is for 10 mins a day before you go to bed don't just sit at home waiting for some one to do your job for you.

We will never try and make anyone stay, If someone wishes too leave they are full within there rights to go, We just don't want people promoting other forums, As that is totally wrong and we are full within our rights to refuse that.

I have been around, I haven't been posting but like I have said I've been answering all pms as fast as I can ect, As for earning us money, Granted we get a little amount for having as many active users as there are, However it contributes towards paying server bills and other bills which need to be paid. But the majority is paid by mccodes,

Forums are community run, We will always be around to answer pms/questions however for a forum to be successful it has too be majority run by the community.

my opinion is that some of you guys try to build concurrent forums and therefore try to kill this one to attract people. Personally I could not care less... beside I find it a shame.
well people do try and open sites that do to a point copy mwg, none of them end up bigger nor do they ever last (if there exact copies). the sites that open are always based around mccodes as mwg is, and this is why they always fail. why would anyone go to a site thats the same but with less support? anyway i don't think it's a big issue

Agreed promoting others to copycat forums should not be allowed but let's say my old personal forum what if I posted my mods there (like I did before) why shouldn't I say my mods are located here, you can get support there and see what other services I offer why shouldent I be allowed

Why should we contribute even 30 mins a day to help people or code mods when the owners don't even take an thereselfs

As for what you said about the forums have to be run majoratly run by the community ... It is all run by the community I have only ever seen you post a few times before today (todaybeing the most active I've seen you). If it wasn't for a few select people this forum would of died ages ago!

For me a forums should be to discuss things and owners are not needed beside to pay the bills ;)

Admins are there as well as moderators... so only some bad mood of the community is persisting maybe simply because you wait too much on McCode V3 and don't think out of the box and try to develop things by your own.

I tried to show what I'm doing myself, tried to interest some of you about even other languages... but most of the people here are simply GLUED to McCode and yet complain it is insecure, bad code or whatever else and yet wait on the V3 as main excuse why this site is dead (which is not actually the case even if I see myself some slow down).

Grow up guys... web games don't mean mafia and/or gang wars... there is TONS of other possible ideas. And don't say you like only that kind of games as I'm sure if you played or play other kinds as well. Simply maybe you have no clues how to make a game what you would like... but then why not share your ideas here? Maybe someone is willing to give hints?

For me a forums should be to discuss things and owners are not needed beside to pay the bills ;)

Admins are there as well as moderators... so only some bad mood of the community is persisting maybe simply because you wait too much on McCode V3 and don't think out of the box and try to develop things by your own.

I tried to show what I'm doing myself, tried to interest some of you about even other languages... but most of the people here are simply GLUED to McCode and yet complain it is insecure, bad code or whatever else and yet wait on the V3 as main excuse why this site is dead (which is not actually the case even if I see myself some slow down).

Grow up guys... web games don't mean mafia and/or gang wars... there is TONS of other possible ideas. And don't say you like only that kind of games as I'm sure if you played or play other kinds as well. Simply maybe you have no clues how to make a game what you would like... but then why not share your ideas here? Maybe someone is willing to give hints?

Just thought I'd like to say.. You're c# tutorials are not completely ignored.. I've been reading through them and plan to check them out when I can get c# visual basics to install properly.. I've got some issues with the .NET config on my machine for some reason. So keep the c# tutorials coming along for me at least. :)

Agreed promoting others to copycat forums should not be allowed but let's say my old personal forum what if I posted my mods there (like I did before) why shouldn't I say my mods are located here, you can get support there and see what other services I offer why shouldent I be allowed
you should but only to a point. whats the point in having 100's of mods all with links to a site to get support? if you don't support a free mod thats fine, however if you do you should on the site it's posted on. your mods you gave support on mwg and your own site so that should be fine.

Why should we contribute even 30 mins a day to help people or code mods when the owners don't even take an thereselfs
you could just help the ones who try and learn?

As for what you said about the forums have to be run majoratly run by the community ... It is all run by the community I have only ever seen you post a few times before today (todaybeing the most active I've seen you). If it wasn't for a few select people this forum would of died ages ago!
Nickson and a_bertrand help to run the site and are online more or less everyday. the "few select people" are posting because they are. they do not post only to keep the site active, therefore the sites active as people are posting. any site with no members is dead. the fact mccodes are not around (as they have not been since way before i joined the site) does not really matter. now they own the site it just means people take more notice, however does not matter really.

I completely disagree with you there Alain.

Just because people don't post up scripts or even talk about different langauges, doesn't mean they don't know any other langauges apart from HTML|MySQL|PHP. I think people create MCC mods to show us there PHP skills and how good there doing. I know you cannot show your full skill on a modification, but around 60% cam be used on it, depending on what modification you produce. As again with your langauges, I disagree. I myself have been looking through different programming lanaguges, while still carrying on with PHP. They are:

• JavaScript
  • jQuery
  • Python

There's tones of idea's out there. Waiting to be discovered, but obviously, no one has thought of them yet. As for CB & Dabs. Welcome back to the forum. The forum isn't dead, and the forum hasn't failed. If it has, why are you still posting and complaining about it? Why not try and help it... It's a community forum, not a Owner forum. I myself am already Member's out, explaining some preferences and why I use them. And such as yourself Alain by releasing C# tuts.. Your goal was to help people right? Yet your plan is going according to plan right? Everyone has a place a MWG and make it more active for people. I love posting some things of PHP, and talking about general stuff and that(Which CB has done by making a thread on LimeWire) . But what I don't like doing is replying by to stuff like this, there-four wasting my time on Researching something up, following a tutorial, or helping out people who want to learn! I say stop with the posts. Stop saying the forum is Dead, and actually try to help it the way it was. You can reply back at me complaining about what ever, but I won't reply as I'm trying to do something for this forum..

OK despite me saying I won't reply, just to clear thing up.

Danny to me, anything thing you code in, I call it a programming langauge. HTML|CSS|.NET|SQL What every you can write into a code. And how do you write that code? You can type it up, which I like to call Programming.

Please don't try to make out I don't know what I'm doing Danny. I'm not having a go, I'm just saying.