MakeWebGames

Gangster Legends - Theme Builder

Dayo

I've been wanting to make a theme builder for Gangster Legends for ages now, after talking on discord i finally got the energy to build it this evening. 

Features

1. You are able to edit the login and in game layout separately
  2. You are able to customise each background with a static color or with an image
  3. The login can have a custom logo
  4. Both pages can have a different bootstrap theme, these themes can be found at https://bootswatch.com/3/
  5. Both pages can be set to a fixed or dynamic width
  6. The login menu can be in one of three locations (left side bar, right sidebar or top navigation)
  7. The in game in game menus can be split across one or two sidebars (left and right) and the width of these is editable
  8. You are able to easily enable / disable the sidebar as well as set the width of this.
  9. You can position the user information to the left or right sidebar
  10. On both pages you can add custom CSS

You will need to install the latest version of the shoutbox as well as installing the theme editor module. Once you have these all you need to do is install the theme builder and then go to the ACP > Modules & Themes > Theme Editor to start making changes.

Any issues please post here

Just a FYI i uploaded the wrong theme to the marketplace, the new one is now up!

• Like 3

You need to install the Theme Editor via the Module Manager and the Theme Builder via the Theme Manager.

I also just fixed a bug with the Theme Editor where it wouldn't let you edit the theme. If you have this issue you can download and install this module by @Tom V. Using the search bar look for the settings called themeSettings and loginSettings and set their value to []

• Dayo unfeatured this topic

New version just pushed live.

Bug fixes

1. Improved Login UI on mobile
  2. Removed 1MB of un-needed files

If there is anything you think should be editable just ask, for example the next version should have the option to edit:

• Font color of page
  • Font color of navigation
  • Font color of game area

On 6/17/2022 at 3:51 PM, Dayo said:

New version just pushed live.

Bug fixes

1. Improved Login UI on mobile
  2. Removed 1MB of un-needed files

If there is anything you think should be editable just ask, for example the next version should have the option to edit:

• Font color of page
  • Font color of navigation
  • Font color of game area

Nicework, I have so many ideas about these kind of games I hardly know where to begin, here goes.

I do understand that these can all probably be done if I code the CCS or whatever its called myself but I cant do that stuff.

Would be cool if there were options to add custom images to:

- Site Header
- Section Headers, for example "Actions" can show as a fancy image rather than just the text. Even when you click crimes you can add a special image at top of page to represent the crimes page. I'll put an example below from an old, old game.image.png.a3b424b9fab223a92c1f483e592c9459.png

- Customizable sections, for example put "actions" menu on right hand side instead of left. Option to rename any section or link. So I could rename "crimes" to "jobs" for example if I wanted to make a different kind of game.

- Collapsable sections too, so users can minimize the ones they dont want showing on screen

- Option to change font size and type

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

Having an issue installing your module plugins to my site, keep getting this error. 

Sorry something went very wrong!

The error has been logged and waiting for a developer to review this issue.

If you are the developer you can enable better dubuging by editing config.php and enabling debug

• 1 year later...

You would have to make some changes to each of those themes to get it working with the module editor. Im looking about releasing a V2 where it will pill settings from the themes and you can alter tsupported themes with the editor but that will take a while and will be part of gl2.6 (openpbbg)