MakeWebGames

Item System

Sim

Many people wouldn't think but the main reason I am and have been so focused on my item System is because that is where I plan AND expect the majority of my game income to come from. I would like nearly every aspect of my game to be ran by the item System.

So, items give player boost.

Shorter wait times, increases odds, items will reward players money and experience, ECT. 

With items being able to do this, I believe it would be much easier to load up a store full of items where once they use it, it activates the effect. 

I'd agree w Sim, an item system can be so dynamic and fulfilling - if the work is put in, but it isn't generally used to its full potential.

There's so much that the in-game items can influence the individual users experience, yet most games that I've played/seen, tend to just list an item name, image and stat upgrade.

However, as sniko suggests about p2w - I agree that it shouldn't be tailored to monetize off the community, yet should be used to boost and involve itself into the existing mods.

On 6/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, sniko said:

So a pay2win system? You'll likely attract a few, but not the majority.

I wouldn't necessary say p2w. The items may give users an advantage, I wouldn't say it's unfair to other players. The items wouldn't give players a complete stat adventage. 

Most MC-Codes, and now GL games all sell packages. That are points or refill stamina. Extra money? Is that pay2win? If you say yes then tes pay2win.

But not all items are play2win. My game will allow multiple characters so they might have an option to purchase unavailable characters. Extra cash, faster upgrades, ECT. 

I believe if a player is going to purchase refill stamina to play the game more, then either, the game mechanics are wrong since now a person can no longer play the game (must wait for stamina, ext), and even if they do purchase something to allow extra turns then they deserve it cause they would play as much as they can regardless so they would already would be one of the top players. 

But anyway, this is why someone like me would create a ranking system that would be for all players, players who bought anything to help them progress faster, and 3rd ranking system for players who had made no purchases. This is fair for all players.

People who had not made any purchases can view there rankings and be happy they are higher then people who have made purchases.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but by making 2 separate leaderboards as you suggested you pretty much admit it's pay to win - if you purchase items you're a higher tier player, therefore you're not worthy to be compared to them if you haven't made purchases.

Just my thoughts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamble said:

Just my thoughts

As long as there is not money or rewards for winning, there really is no harm. I can't think of any game I play that's free and pay for items new features that is %100 fair. Every Freemium  game I've ever played gives advantage to paying players.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

but the purpose of games are for players to have fun. And the purpose of this community is game development. The purpose of making money or not. So :). End of discussion about it being advantage towards paying players. 

Lol

If anyone has any suggestions about good boost items, keep the topic going :;

On 6/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, sniko said:

So a pay2win system? You'll likely attract a few, but not the majority.

I must requote this statement. There is not a single freemimum game I've played where paying players are not giving an advantage over non-paying players.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:44 AM, Sim said:

I must requote this statement. There is not a single freemimum game I've played where paying players are not giving an advantage over non-paying players.

That's fine - though the games I play are not pay2win and the only things that are available to you are cosmetics, which do not give you an advantage.

But, each to his own

I guess if there in an advantage to paid content, it must reflect and be relative to the games economy (growth of economy) and/or average game stats to avoid a blowout through a couple of donations. 

I suppose the biggest flaw here is finding a nice equilibrium between paid and non paid content, I mean, and not in all cases, but you'd expect a little premium play if you are to donate to dev/content but at the same time, I think vanity items offer somewhat similar premium and feel good factors.

I hope my wording is correct there 😅

4 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

All of these effects can be obtained through other methods available in game.

Of course, but not as fast. Instantly for paying customers. Which still gives paying customers an advantage in any game.

It's not speculation. Let's both register at same time, I'll order double exp and reduced crime rate and we will see who levels up faster for next 24 hours? If you want to disagree, I won't even comment because anyone with common sense knows this 

But as I stated the end result is always how much time and skill a player puts into any game most of the time.