MakeWebGames

Wish for next version of GL.

Sim

To be able to access public methods from other mods. 

$this->mods->MODNAME->publicMethod();

Say I wanted to commit a crime from my mod. Be able to call this code below from my mod.

Ex: $this->mods->crimes->method_commit();

Of course with this example, one would have to adjust the URL to to be able to use this method, but people might start changing there code to include parameters. So

$this->mods->crimes->method_commit(3); would commit the crime with ID #3. 

Why I say this is, with the inventory mod I am creating there's no pretty way to reuse all my methods without modifying a file or two in GL.  

1 hour ago, ags_cs4 said:

nice idea right now Gl need new template engine

the one right now crash when there is too many conditions, latly found some time to continue working on my trades but the fist error i get its engine crash

I enjoy the template engine. It's fairly simple. I still can't figure out how to do nested eaches with it. Regardless of what temate engine you use, if you have that many conditions, it's still going to be the same concept using another template engine. If if if if else you ECT .

I am confused by what yo mean first error to get is engine crash?

some time ur page have lot of if else... so it wont show any thing

and with the engine now if u wana have 3 condition in ur page

lets say, closed, open, read,

you gona need 3 ifs one inside another ...

but it would be good to do it like this

{#if condition=open}{/if}

3 hours ago, Magictallguy said:

If you're manually passing 50+ arrays to something, you've missed the point of arrays

What you mean? I think he might hang missed the point of template systems. The only thing template systems are for is to keep the HTML and PHP separate. 

He is right, the template system does need conditions added to it. I can recall one instance where I had to add multiple variables to add blocks of HTML instead being able to check the template variable value. It would have made things better on the PHP side, but it still produces the same thing.

I still rather be able to access other module methods before a template system update. Though both are easy to do. So should add both at once. 🙂

52 minutes ago, Magictallguy said:

Speaking in a broader sense than GL;
Why pass 50+ arrays when you can pass 1 multi-dimensional array?
Make it easier on yourself at runtime!

Yup!!

Multidimensional arrays don't work with nested eaches though. I can't seem to get nested eaches too work at all in GL

3 hours ago, Sim said:

Yup!!

Multidimensional arrays don't work with nested eaches though. I can't seem to get nested eaches too work at all in GL

Yes they do, look into RecursiveArrayIterators - or even if you are passing in a multidimensional array for something, there should be a typed interface for structure validation, so you can iterate on the expected/known leaf keys

5 hours ago, Magictallguy said:

Speaking in a broader sense than GL;
Why pass 50+ arrays when you can pass 1 multi-dimensional array?
Make it easier on yourself at runtime!

sim got what i mean, and i use multy dimentional arrays, GL need condition for the template instead i need make 3 variable for each state i have, and do 3 if/unless, some times u need to have up to 3 if/unless inside each other...

2 hours ago, ags_cs4 said:

sim got what i mean, and i use multy dimentional arrays, GL need condition for the template instead i need make 3 variable for each state i have, and do 3 if/unless, some times u need to have up to 3 if/unless inside each other...

I didn't say that. MTG did. 

3 hours ago, sniko said:

Yes they do, look into RecursiveArrayIterators - or even if you are passing in a multidimensional array for something, there should be a typed interface for structure validation, so you can iterate on the expected/known leaf keys

Not in GLs template system. I created a topic around here somewhere. 

Array $bongs

$bongs[type] = say 100dimensions

$bongs[type][hitter][person]

never executes

{#Each bong}

{Type}

{#each hitter}

{Person}Never works

{/Each}

{/Each}

Quick example. The second each never cycles threw the array. It only cycles threw the first array. Not multiple dimensions. 

Another request very simple one. Add namespaces to all the admin classes. Although off the top of my head I can't think of one reason why I would need more then one admin class loaded in memory, actually I just did. 

Reason: can't load more then one admin file in memory. Meaning no one can call functions from other class files. I'll use my item mod for example: pulling the list of items types and item Slots.

I could only call one method if loaded the class and have to recreate the same method in my mod file. I basically had to copy and paste at least a hundred lines of code from one mod to another to reuse functions so people wouldn't have to edit any GL files.

Of course I will be going back and creating a function mod so I can reuse the code, but it would have been nice to keep the methods in the class file they are associated with.