MakeWebGames

What's the best game you have ever played?

AdamHull

3 games come to mind instantly. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis, Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio for the Sega DreamCast, and Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock for the Xbox 360.
They share top spot because the gaming styles are far too different to be given a fair comparison.
A close second place, for me, has gotta be Halo. Halo's the reason I got an Xbox - not to mention the awesome sequel to Jet Set Radio: Jet Set Radio Future.
Halo 3 led me to the Xbox 360, and that led me to GH3.. Man, I spent sooooo many hours on that game. Hell, the reason I started playing the guitar was because of one of the achievements in GH3!

• Like 1

Probably Deus Ex. It was ahead of its time in giving the player the illusion of choice - although, a close second is Dungeon Siege; the spiders gave me nightmares; even now - you hear that chittering noise from something and start looking around as your heart rate climbs. Scary stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I first got introduced to tbg with urban riot if anyone around here remembers that, cerca 2008(?). It populated our schools computer rooms back in the day

But otherwise, console games.. gta v is an automatic top 3, along with metal gear solid phantom pain.. and any FIFA demo (I enjoy the odd game from time to time, but I wouldn't fund EA on their recycled material 😅)

• Like 1