MakeWebGames

Hey hey

Hey everyone,

I saw MWG came back but was hesitant to come due to my reputation all those years ago wasn't great, my posts were very arrogant and I got annoyed very quickly. But I'm here again, hopefully some will forget will my past and judge me on what I post here now and not then.

I currently run CrimeBloc , took it over a couple of months ago. Over the past few years I've worked in various digital agencies, worked on a blockchain project (Never again please) in a startup. But most of all I've traveled, I've lived in Amsterdam for the better part of 4 years, lived in Portugal for 6 months, visited Greece and it taught me a lot about people and culture. While in Amsterdam I took a year out and did an equivalent of Work Abroad, in which I spent 8 months farming, gardening and being in nature away from the stresses of a computer. I also learnt more about myself, depression & suicide, how to cope (Albeit not very well). Now back here, kind of seems like a round trip.

It's great to see people back here, and I hope to stick around.

Cheers everyone ?

1 minute ago, MNG said:

I was just looking at your website about 2 hours ago, but welcome back ?

Haha thanks man, glad to be back ?, what do you think of it? It's bringing back an old round.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Haha thanks man, glad to be back ?, what do you think of it? It's bringing back an old round.

I always love the features of these type of game engines but I just really hate the game layout. 

6 minutes ago, MNG said:

I always love the features of these type of game engines but I just really hate the game layout. 

Haha, it's an age old game, I think this version dates back to 2015, the new layout is based on Bootstrap & Vue, though not sure if I'm keeping it yet. Layout is definitely an acquired taste, but it is also a big part of the history of the game.

13 hours ago, sniko said:

Hi Ian ?

Why'd you hate working in that Blockchain project?

Hey Harry,

The people I was with cared more about the end dollar figure than the product they were producing, along with them being bullies, it has just left a sour taste in my mouth for blockchain startups.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Hey Harry,

The people I was with cared more about the end dollar figure than the product they were producing, along with them being bullies, it has just left a sour taste in my mouth for blockchain startups.

You could always give Catalyst a call. Think they need staff ?

Just now, SRB said:

You could always give Catalyst a call. Think they need staff ?

Oh boi, I'll never forget walking out that door.

They asked me in the interview if I paid attention, I said yes, then they asked me what color the door was...

18 minutes ago, NonStopCoding said:

I liked the design upon until i logged into the game good luck with your project and welcome back ?

What don't you like about it?

13 minutes ago, NonStopCoding said:

The noise you added into the backgrounds for the boxes etc it just don't look right with my eyes thats just my opinion other people might like it ? 

Ah yes, the infamous noise, when you have no idea what to put as a background and a flat color is too much. That's been in the game since the first version over a decade ago haha

12 minutes ago, sniko said:

Thought I'd check it out...

The blackjack game is pretty dope

Why is your `error_log` from 2014 ?

When I took it over there are like a thousand files not used, the error logs were in their and I never bothered to clear them out. Error reporting is through Sentry now. Guess I should clear some shit out at some point.

17 minutes ago, Script47 said:

All in folks!

10000 - 20000.png

I dun goofed...

0.png.88d626d547a137c4be93629e91e3768e.png

In other news, @Ian, you've got a fair few players, were they around from before or are they new?

The game reminds me of Infamous Gangsters.

We average around 40 online, peak at 60 during the day at times, most were from before, some are new. Still working out some kinks in this round, so the mass advertising is on hold, same with vote sites, most don't have API's to verify someone voted so still need to work on that.