MakeWebGames

G7470

G7470

Hey everyone! I'm known here as G7470, or for some people, Goliath. I've been here since 2014; however, I started development in 2009 with the purchase of a game that some of you may remember called Mafia Caper, which turned into Gangster Sanctuary. I have been involved with side game projects since then, including Mobster Story (which I am just starting to get back into again), and Killers Instinct Mafia, which has since last I have talked about it here been sold.

I currently live in the United States working for a University in their software development and security administration divisions. I work with an enterprise software system as well as do website development. I have been here for over 5 years now.

In my free time, I bowl currently in a league. I'm by far not the best bowler, but it's a work in progress. I finally got a well put-together PC, which I use primarily for my development side project work. I do play video games occasionally on it too - just gotta find the time in the day.

I am more than happy to help out whomever needs it. I have been quite active in this community before it disappeared, and I do plan on continuing to be active here now that it is back.

Don't hesitate to message me about whatever it is you need. I'm more than happy to share my knowledge or lend a helping hand if I'm able to do so.

Glad to be back! ?

~G7470

Edited by G7470
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Welcome back G7! I certainly remember seeing your name around the forums frequently. 

Sounds like you've been rather busy since the forum shut down, glad you're doing well and writing real software alongside those beloved text based games.

Thanks! It is good to see this back. This really helped continue to spark my interest in outside development. I hope that it continues to do so. I forgot to mention, I also help run a local group with all different programming levels. It just hit over 500 members last month I believe.

Yes I have, haha. I'm one of those people that always seems to be doing something. Which reminds me that I need to update my website and blog...been a little behind on that lately.

1 minute ago, electrode said:

Welcome Back, What technology do you use to develop your games by the way?

Thanks! I would say, all of my game projects I have come onboard after the game was "purchased". So they either used MCC or GRPG (PHP/JS), or in the case where I made the purchase, it was entirely custom (again, PHP/JS).

If I would have to write it all over again from scratch, PHP would still be the way to go, utilizing an existing framework and building custom. I did start doing this for a project I was working on, but the project lead (client) lost interest in his own project, causing the project to be abandoned.

~G7470