MakeWebGames

First client: Login & Register Request - (Added AJAX requests & Jquery + Javascript)

jcvenom

I do understand where you are coming from, however I still don't agree with the price personally for what it is. People can feel free to have their opinion, but for a login and register, I believe its overpriced in my opinion. I wouldn't agree to pay that being a client.

The login and register wasn't just the design and yes every is entitled to there own opinion but the login and register consists of the design and 3 php files and a js file for it to work. If the client only wanted the design and charge extremely low, but the fact the client wanted more than just a design i charged more, everyone may not agree but I was happy and so was the client

I do understand where you are coming from, however I still don't agree with the price personally for what it is. People can feel free to have their opinion, but for a login and register, I believe its overpriced in my opinion. I wouldn't agree to pay that being a client.

This is one major issue i have with this forum, people undervalue the work people provide. If you was to go to a company and ask for a login/register you are looking at £300+.

The login i made the other day for a project of ours took me two weeks to make/refine but if you was to look at it it would look very simple, does not mean we should sell it for $70.

This is one major issue i have with this forum, people undervalue the work people provide. If you was to go to a company and ask for a login/register you are looking at £300+.

The login i made the other day for a project of ours took me two weeks to make/refine but if you was to look at it it would look very simple, does not mean we should sell it for $70.

I'm glad someone understands but i've been thinking and i've came to the conclusion and i don't think this forum is worth my time, Im fed up tbh and I think i'll find elsewhere like most others goodluck MWG

I'm glad someone understands but i've been thinking and i've came to the conclusion and i don't think this forum is worth my time, Im fed up tbh and I think i'll find elsewhere like most others goodluck MWG

Sorry to hear that this forum isn't worth your time. Wish you the best in your endeavors.

~G7470

The login and register wasn't just the design and yes every is entitled to there own opinion but the login and register consists of the design and 3 php files and a js file for it to work. If the client only wanted the design and charge extremely low, but the fact the client wanted more than just a design i charged more, everyone may not agree but I was happy and so was the client

Well as I said in my first post, I'm not going to mention the code as I have just returned to development. I was just voicing my personal opinion.

I do understand you here but, I do not believe I am undervalue the work. I was saying that compared to another script which gets updates from the author, customisable and boasts more functionality it was expensive.

I too like [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION] wish you the best of luck. But just to point out, as programmer/designer if you can't take constructive criticism without getting offended I think you'll struggle to improve yourself.

[MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION] , Am I right in thinking your leaving the forum because you've been getting mixed feedback on your work? If so that's an extremely stupid reason to leave. Your always going to get criticised in life, no matter what you do. Everyone that has posted in this thread has given a valid point, that you should take on board. I wouldn't pay $70 never mind $300 for a login, mainly because it seems a lot of money, when I can do it myself. If I was making a login/register, then I would provide the client with a working login code / register code regardless, then its up to them whether they want to use it. Your js file was your own doing as you've told us it was a bonus thing you gave to the client. Its not hard to code up a few files. But like [MENTION=64684]Dayo[/MENTION] said, more time is spent, refining it and tweaking it.

Its your choice to leave, but if your running away because you've faced a bit of criticism then your always going to be running. Its the only way your going to learn / strive to do better. Let it motivate you to do better.

Personally, coding isn't just about the possibility of making money, its about seeing the final result. I enjoy coding, I do some sort of coding every day. If someone wants me to do something for them, I'll charge them for my time, but I'm not going to make it extremely expensive, because 1.) I wouldn't pay if it was too dear, 2.) I enjoy doing it too much, 3.) There's a good chance I could keep them as a return customer if my work is up to scratch

Charge what you want, but know that the client may always be able to find a cheaper option. If I had a choice between that $20 one and yours, I'd take the $20 one, it offers me more.

[MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION] , Am I right in thinking your leaving the forum because you've been getting mixed feedback on your work? If so that's an extremely stupid reason to leave. Your always going to get criticised in life, no matter what you do. Everyone that has posted in this thread has given a valid point, that you should take on board. I wouldn't pay $70 never mind $300 for a login, mainly because it seems a lot of money, when I can do it myself. If I was making a login/register, then I would provide the client with a working login code / register code regardless, then its up to them whether they want to use it. Your js file was your own doing as you've told us it was a bonus thing you gave to the client. Its not hard to code up a few files. But like [MENTION=64684]Dayo[/MENTION] said, more time is spent, refining it and tweaking it.

Its your choice to leave, but if your running away because you've faced a bit of criticism then your always going to be running. Its the only way your going to learn / strive to do better. Let it motivate you to do better.

Personally, coding isn't just about the possibility of making money, its about seeing the final result. I enjoy coding, I do some sort of coding every day. If someone wants me to do something for them, I'll charge them for my time, but I'm not going to make it extremely expensive, because 1.) I wouldn't pay if it was too dear, 2.) I enjoy doing it too much, 3.) There's a good chance I could keep them as a return customer if my work is up to scratch

Charge what you want, but know that the client may always be able to find a cheaper option. If I had a choice between that $20 one and yours, I'd take the $20 one, it offers me more.

Removed this as it doesnt need to be said

Edited by jcvenom

I too like [MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION] wish you the best of luck. But just to point out, as programmer/designer if you can't take constructive criticism without getting offended I think you'll struggle to improve yourself.

The point of this post was to get negativity as stated! I'm not running away and i've taken all the criticism so i can improve not only as a developer but as a person. It doesn't bother me when you guys make points there only your opinions, I can always back myself up and i guess your opinions are your opinions and no ones judging you. This is a learning experience for me and some people can take criticism better than others.

Edited by jcvenom