MakeWebGames

New gTLDs

KyleMassacre

Just wanted to let you guys know in case your not staying up-to-date on this stuff but some new TLDs are rolling out real soon. Some registrars are taking pre-orders for this stuff as well like Godaddy and Name. But since this is in "Chit Chat" I thought I would share with you guys the new domain I pre-ordered called:

http://onebad.ninja

The link won't work since it's not live yet, I'm supposed to get it on Wednesday. Is this cool or what?

I was shooting for http://iama.ninja but good lord it was pricey at a whopping $400+

image.thumb.jpg.a17f74a80e38d2c1ae5daa66aa0c8574.jpg

you would be surprised how much domains are worth over time i am sure iv seen them go for higher

The most I've seen a domain being bought for is like £4000 or was it £7000? It was one the two. I thought it was ridiculous though spending money like that on a name. :eek:

Edited by Script47

I do not trust go daddy, if your just looking up to see if a domain exists and not buying it, they log it, than you come back days later (after you decided it was the best fit for your website) and enter in same domain name and it states it's not available and directs you to buy it for triple the amount if not more than it was the day you typed it in. I only noticed this on Go Daddy only. Other registrars I tried did not do this... Wondered if anyone on here have tried this with go daddy lol.

Unless someone had the same damn idea I did for a domain name at the exact moment, which I highly doubt. I think they log what you type in and if you do not purchase it in a time frame than they pass the logged info to a third party whom buys domain names that people type in, knowing they may be able to sell them for higher, because people have typed them in and they know someone would want them. I know it sounds a bit strange but that is what I thought of it when it happened to me.

Edited by lucky3809

The most I've seen a domain being bought for is like £4000 or was it £7000? It was one the two. I thought it was ridiculous though spending money like that on a name. :eek:

"Instead, it was the purchase of VacationRentals.com in 2007 for a cool $35m"

You're a little out thinking £4k/£7k is a lot for a domain :p

I'm sure it will be okay, because doesn't the system tag that pre-ordered domain name to the users who wanted it?

More than one person can pre-order a domain; just because you have pre-ordered it doesn't guarantee it will be yours. You can even pay more to get higher priority in the pre-order phase.

More than one person can pre-order a domain; just because you have pre-ordered it doesn't guarantee it will be yours. You can even pay more to get higher priority in the pre-order phase.

This is true, honestly I can care less if I get the domain anyways. I really have no use for it to begin with so if someone wants it feel free and take it

Yea so shhh about the domains your waiting on just incase, probably fine to be fair.

I've got a few domains already and waiting on one pre-order at the minute. The big one for me will be the geographic extensions and .blog but most of them are out in like Q4 2015.

Yea the whole new extension thing is crazy. Just be careful over trademarks and squatting. I have purchased domains over the years and made some good $xxx over them; others not so lucky. I just got ina.club but own several valuable .com's. A lot of the domain value people are saying the new extensions are not worth anything. Personally I do not agree. It just depends. I only use godaddy for my purchases. 2nd do not tell people domains before you buy them. People will buy and sell to you for $xxx. Also I have watched domains for years checking if they are available and they have been the whole time so its just a matter of time someone else registering it if you wait.

These new TLDs were something I had no idea about until [MENTION=52003]Dave Macaulay[/MENTION] rocked up with milk.codes/

Do GoDaddy sell these TLDs?

Wait....really?!

Yeah, GoDaddy sell them, and Namecheap sell some too. (They're the only two registrars I use, so others may too)

I have been using Godaddy for more than 10+ years. They are great for domains just not for hosting or anything else. They are kind of like google; they need to stick with what they are good at. Personally I own more than 80+ domains so I have the Discount Domain Club so i get domains for half the price; with it with as many as I have. I have not used namecheap but am a godaddy domain fan; not hosting fan.