MakeWebGames

Small addon for register

Uridium

This small but hopefully helpful addon will stop multis by password and IP

just add this below where it checks for username

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Password is a bad idea imo, sure it might detect it, but I bet some of your users have the same password ^_^.

However thanks for your contribution.

Password is a bad idea imo, sure it might detect it, but I bet some of your users have the same password ^_^.

However thanks for your contribution.

Same password O_o

lol that would be very uncommon I looked over one of my database with 412 users and I have never came across any user with the same password unless it was a multi which was identified by the IP.

Same password O_o

lol that would be very uncommon I looked over one of my database with 412 users and I have never came across any user with the same password unless it was a multi which was identified by the IP.

How are you storing your passwords.. you shouldn't be able to tell if any are the same at all

Same password O_o

It's not uncommon at all. There are a lot of commonly used passwords around. That aside why are you checking your user's passwords (or even able to)? O.o

It's not uncommon at all. There are a lot of commonly used passwords around. That aside why are you checking your user's passwords (or even able to)? O.o

As this is for McCodes, and McCodes uses md5 by default - which doesn't use a salt, thus giving the same encrypted string for a password ("hello" = "5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592") - we're able to check.

As this is for McCodes, and McCodes uses md5 by default - which doesn't use a salt, thus giving the same encrypted string for a password ("hello" = "5d41402abc4b2a76b9719d911017c592") - we're able to check.

Oh yeh I forgot people don't actually encrypt there passwords >.<. They should ban md5 for passwords haha

How are you storing your passwords.. you shouldn't be able to tell if any are the same at all

I like steal my members passwords and try to hack anything they own....

I use GRPG so it don't hash the password like mccode does, well I have hash all my passwords with md5 about 2 months ago. Just having the forget password problem now but I really haven't been looking up ways to solve that part so not a big deal for that part.

Also most people aren't like me, I get bored and wonder how many old people from my old games join my new ones.

I mostly look at the name and the password table is like under it so with that being said it's kind of hard not to see their passwords.

The database was like about 2 years old so it's no biggie, I never sell my players info and I am in that state to make a mass e mailer when I have free time on my hand so I could use all my databases to get players to join my game that is being worked on.

@MNG - for your forgot problem, give them a new password and email it to them.

Yeah, when it does that it send the md5 hash, but I am sure I could just add the md5 <--> password to it. Yeah, these aren't big problems for me I just been busy with work so i never have a chance to developer but all of it will be done before it's released.