MakeWebGames

New layout not finished yet, what do you think?

KaineBennett

Can you just use game screenshots for page backgrounds like this? Granted, it's commonplace to use google images to find item images for games but they wouldn't belong to big companies, trademarks etc

It does however look quite good, although very compact in leaving about 75% of the screen blank. I'm sure it will look very nice when it's finished

Hey guys, what do you all think of my new layout? Fully coded, just needs a little bit more work on it... What would you change/add to it? And what would you take away from it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1316[/ATTACH]

It looks like it's incredibly hard to read any of the text which could make your players uncomfortable. It's quite common with game layouts to focus on trying to look as pretty as possible. As a user is constantly interacting with the website I think it's key to focus on the user experience, check out this article.

http://thesocialskinny.com/design-vs-customer-experience-why-pretty-isnt-always-practical/

Most cheaper designers won't understand principles like this which is really annoying.

Edited by Dave Macaulay