MakeWebGames

Can someone make some modules? (Request)

There is a few modules I would like to see be made:

1. Pets

2. Seasons/Weather

3. Relationships (With NPCs/Other Players.)

4. Needs (More than just HP/AP; hunger, energy, etc.)

5. User-Created Quests Feature

6. Embedded "Widgets" (Embedded Web 2.0 services, such as YouTube video searching/watching, Twitter streams, etc.)

I hope someone could do any of the above ones, if not all of them. Thanks!

I'm sure a lot of those can be done but maybe you can shed some light on some of those features. for example pets:

What would you like the pets to?

Feed them and take care of them?

Relationships:

What all do you want there?

Get married etc?

And for something like twitter do you want users twitter feeds/timelines?

@Kyle: The Pets system could work like NEaB. Train them, sell them, exchange them, buy them, set them free, and fight along side with them.

The relationship system could work out a bit like the Facebook friends system but with stronger definitions, so yes, marriage as well as enemies, friends, etc.

UGC content could run like where the user(or admin - can be picked in config.xml for the module.) have a in-game configuration menu that allows them to enter, for example, the URL of a twitter feed or a YouTube video playlist, and have all their friends in-game watch what video/feed they are all watching at once and are interacting with each other via chat or emoticons.

A lot of these ideas I got from some various Facebook games, such as The Sims Social & SmallWorlds, both of which are popular FB games that use these interactive modules to gain users.

@Kyle: The Pets system could work like NEaB. Train them, sell them, exchange them, buy them, set them free, and fight along side with them.

So you don't want a fighting arena where pets fight for cash with other NPC pets or fight other player pets? You wan't them implemented in the attack system?

I can make the pets system but you need to feed them.often and train them to get stronger there will also be a arena to fight for cash cyrstals etc and maybe a league there will also be a shop to trade and buy pets I will be using jquery, HTML, CSS, phone ans maybe Ajax for this you will also be able to buy accessories foe your pets like kennels, cages etc depending on pet also your pets age I'm thinking of adding something sickness or even death there might be even vets etc

I can make the pets system but you need to feed them.often and train them to get stronger there will also be a arena to fight for cash cyrstals etc and maybe a league there will also be a shop to trade and buy pets I will be using jquery, HTML, CSS, phone ans maybe Ajax for this you will also be able to buy accessories foe your pets like kennels, cages etc depending on pet also your pets age I'm thinking of adding something sickness or even death there might be even vets etc

You do realize this is for NWE right? Not saying you cant do it but this is nothing like MC Codes

• 3 months later...

1. Possibly yes except for the fight along side. To make it modular I don't see a way of this happening because you would then need to tinker with attack lib and I personally don't feel comfortable with that task but all the other aspects should be able to be done no problem.

2. Super simple but what do you want it to do exactly?

3. Can be done except for marrying or having a relationship with NPC. What other features would you need with it?

4. Alain summed it up

5. You really want players to create their own quests??? Give them access to the quest system then.

6. I have never touched any of those apis but I guess I should probably dig in sometime :p The thing with the twitter api is I believe you can only have X amount of requests per day and in order leave it open for a "search" type thing I can suck up all your requests pretty quicly