MakeWebGames

Bunch of suggestions

Just some things I thought up and discussed in IRC

Move MWG to a more solid solution, vbulletin I don't think is going to cut it for much longer, I can put together tons of docs explaining what not but hey ho this is probably out of the question.

Update rep ranks so they actually show something? - So not everyone has just 1 bar, it will actually reflect what you have.

Staff colors in online users?

New skin

Remove "Active members" from the homepage - Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Active Members Time Cut-Off

Have VIP?

Have updates?

Have competitions?

Opinions?

Oh and a quick rant

@Kunal , @Stew Sell the board or do something about it, there is no activity from you 2, you own this forum, you expect AB & Dave to do everything? If you don't want to take part or help put forward ideas or even advertise then sell it to someone who still cares about it, in the past year so many people have left, quality people, people that made this place active and participated.

Just some things I thought up and discussed in IRC

Opinions?

Oh and a quick rant

As you're aware the move to Vbulletin was already painful enough, it works well in my opinion.

I've already got a couple of your other suggestions in motion but it will take me a while to act upon all of these ideas.

Definitely looking towards taking a number of these forward to improve the board and hopefully drive the community forward.

As you're aware the move to Vbulletin was already painful enough, it works well in my opinion.

I've already got a couple of your other suggestions in motion but it will take me a while to act upon all of these ideas.

Definitely looking towards taking a number of these forward to improve the board and hopefully drive the community forward.

Thankyou kind sir.

Just to give you a little update.

We've purchased a new theme and I will be finishing it off over the next few days and implementing it. Should give the board a newer fresher look.

Other changes to come.

Anything else going to change? Rep for instance?

Correct me if I'm wrong but only the moderator approves what reaches the frontpage? There's a few articles on there and don't know if that's because there's a lack of approval or a lack of articles.

That's true for now, but I'm assuming it's an option Vbulletin has that allows you to set who can create articles. At the moment there aren't all that many tutorials being posted.

Anything else going to change? Rep for instance?

Yeah, want to promote the use of rep a lot more on these boards, with rewards for the most reputable member every month or something similar.

Needs to all be discussed but good things to come.

Yeah, want to promote the use of rep a lot more on these boards, with rewards for the most reputable member every month or something similar.

Needs to all be discussed but good things to come.

I said this in a staff post, but I'll say it here as well. I highly suggest a way to view all reputation given to a member a long with the affiliated comments and who have the points (possibly not the negative?). Would make it mean something.

I said this in a staff post, but I'll say it here as well. I highly suggest a way to view all reputation given to a member a long with the affiliated comments and who have the points (possibly not the negative?). Would make it mean something.

The reputation system is one of the bigger things I'm going to push for improvements on. I want the community to be more aware of it and to award members reputation where they deserve.

The way we currently display reputation is awful, hopefully looking into ways of improving this.

it would be good if you could make giving rep more easy. Yes its easy if you know where it is and how to do it but if you were a new user you may not know for several weeks/months (it took me ages to find out lol)

it would be good if you could make giving rep more easy. Yes its easy if you know where it is and how to do it but if you were a new user you may not know for several weeks/months (it took me ages to find out lol)

It's the little star on the bottom left. But yeh, could have "thanks" on posts as a plugin?

or just have a bit of text next to it ie "Add Rep" to see how it would look inspect the element and change * to Add Rep in the href tag it looks ok

a screen shot is below

Looks good, I like it

or just have a bit of text next to it ie "Add Rep" to see how it would look inspect the element and change   to Add Rep in the href tag it looks ok

a screen shot is below

Great suggestion, going to be making some drastic changes hopefully today so will try and add this to my to do list.

well less posting more working :P jokes looking forward to the changes

I have limited time like the rest of us! Got a new shiny template coming which will be exciting.

Also need to get my head around the wonders that is vBulletin.

Might I also suggest a serious look at not only the overall T&C's but also certain key boards rules. While certain staff members may have had a good idea in introducing rules for how to post - for example in the help wanted section - those rules are useless and simply prevent some of us from posting.

The boards concepts of post ownership is also highly suspect which is certainly one reason I seldom post anything these days of merit - and prefer to link to offsite resources which I can control as and when I see fit.

Might I also suggest a serious look at not only the overall T&C's but also certain key boards rules. While certain staff members may have had a good idea in introducing rules for how to post - for example in the help wanted section - those rules are useless and simply prevent some of us from posting.

The boards concepts of post ownership is also highly suspect which is certainly one reason I seldom post anything these days of merit - and prefer to link to offsite resources which I can control as and when I see fit.

Very good points, the rules have always been a bit distant from the community.

As a board I'm wanting to overhaul as much as I can to improve the boards and make them more enjoyable for everyone who is involved.