MakeWebGames

mostly small games closed

rockwood

they dont know coding ?

There's a number of reasons why games close, from being forgotten about to the owners not having financial assets to run and promote the sites.

Every instance of a site closing is due to a different reason though.

What are you researching? How to keep your game from closing?

i am searching reasons bcz i dont want lose my game project

Learn to code, be willing to invest, stay interested, of course being willing to invest is optional if you plan to hire out others to help you. For example designers. And no not everyone knows how to code.

Well then it all depends on you. If you have enough funds, the game is interesting enough, and pays at least to pay the bills, then you could basically let it run forever. Does that mean the game will be forever active? I doubt. Any games, even the biggest like WoW do loose players after a certain time. So you may very well end up with a game nearly empty of players at some point, but still run it ;)

Me and a buddy have been running a game for a while now, we have a decent community and we are growing at a decent rate (Not as fast as we would like but not too slow either). We have constant players online and we are both online regularly. None of us are very strong coders but we fix all the bugs we can and small feature add-ons that player’s requests we code up and add ourselves. Other pieces of work we out source to trusted coders and we advertise on various top sites. So far we have made quite abit of money from donations from the game but all has been invested back into the project and we haven’t took any money from it yet. That is one of the main keys to our success. As well as good player support and constantly things happening and things being updated.

Small games are more likely to be unlicensed, underfunded, have less experienced mangers/owners, and of course have smaller player base. There are more venerable to player loss and sometimes it’s a single programmer who could lose interest.

Everyone starts somewhere. :p

somebody know why small games are closed ?

what do you mean by small?

If your talking playerbase a lot of it may come back to funding. If you have a small player base some gamers may lose inerest themselves and go and find a more active game. Sure, you may get some donations to keep the game afloat for a period of time but if I can donate $20 and become the strongest/richest player in a game wheres the challenge?

Also I feel a lot of games fail because some of them are not unique enough. I have never played torn but look at some of the posts here in these forums offering to sell a torn clone mod of some sort. If I join a game and see a cloned mod from another game I may as well go back to the game that was copied.

Bottom line be unique, invest some time and some money. There is nothing wrong with having a feature like on another game but spice it up a bit for crying out loud.

Is there too much uniqueness? Quite possibly. I had a game I felt was real unique but I think it caused a lot of confusion with players cause it wasn't a "crime game" and it was a game where I order to be at the top you needed to work together to a certain extent. How many games must you work together with people you are competing against? None that I seen.

There is my two cents

Similar question I asked here:

http://community.bbgamezone.net/game-management/what-makes-you-drop-out-of-projects/

what do you mean by small?

Also I feel a lot of games fail because some of them are not unique enough. I have never played torn but look at some of the posts here in these forums offering to sell a torn clone mod of some sort. If I join a game and see a cloned mod from another game I may as well go back to the game that was copied.

I agree with this a lot. How many mafia recreations are there? Implementing different mechanics is one thing, but the least some developers can do is change the theme!

Learn to code, be willing to invest, stay interested, of course being willing to invest is optional if you plan to hire out others to help you. For example designers. And no not everyone knows how to code.

Exactly, the first one is by far the most important in my opinion, and invest time and effort in to it as well.