MakeWebGames

Bring them back! SUGOTM

sniko

Hi guys,

This is a post that only the older (people who were around +2 years ago) will remember.

I can't find the actually threads, but there was something around that awarded games with Start Up Game of the month.

(The images were posted 2 years, 9 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes, 53 seconds ago. I EXIF'd the image on RoZ.)

Here's something that will hopefully jog your memory;

mwg_monthly.png

So, why bring it back?

• Get the community to strive awesome new games
  • Award hard work
  • Bring back interaction between members a little more
  • Winners can 'brag' :?

What do you think, readers? Should we try and bring this back?

Edit #1 17:43 20/11/2012

With some feedback from some of the 'older' members, here's what I propose;

Game of the month
A list of the rules (Not the final version)
  • When submitting a game, you must provide a game profile. (I'll provide a template, if we get space on the forum)

• You must include a demo account, so we can judge.

• I (sniko) am not the only judge, the community will join in, and I'l count the votes. ("Democracy sniko")

• Please don't submit the same game more than once in the same month (Not a fan of spam)

• No hate will be posted, nor swearing (Basic forum rules)

• Voting will occur near the end of each calendar month (Perhaps 5 days of voting)

• Prizes will be announced before the contests. Therefore you know what you're competing for

• After you've submitted your game in more than one month, please add details on what's changed from previous months

• Anyone can vote (Who has a forum account)

• ... The list may continue

Thank you Mdshare for allowing us to reuse the images, should this 'venture' continue.

Start-up game of the month
Similar rules to the ones above, but only 'new' games to be posted. I'll define 'new' when needed

Edit #2 20:24 20/11/2012

We are almost ready for the first nomination (December 1st, 2012)

MWG Awards

Suggest Awards

Edited by sniko

Hi guys,

This is a post that only the older (people who were around +2 years ago) will remember.

I can't find the actually threads, but there was something around that awarded games with Start Up Game of the month.

(The images were posted 2 years, 9 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes, 53 seconds ago. I EXIF'd the image on RoZ.)

Here's something that will hopefully jog your memory;

mwg_monthly.png

So, why bring it back?

• Get the community to strive awesome new games
  • Award hard work
  • Bring back interaction between members a little more
  • Winners can 'brag' :?

What do you think, readers? Should we try and bring this back?

The threads are hiding in the admin archive.

It's a neat idea, so yeah you've got my vote also.

EDIT ------

List of Awards/Categories.

• Spammer of the month.
  • Game of the month
  • Mod writer of the month.
  • Artist of the month.
  • Start-up game of the month.
  • Wizard of the month.

If you want to take the reins of this Sniko, and make it entirely community run rather than a staff-run thing.

We could push for a new space for this, you'd have to come up with the rules, rewards etc.

I've got permission from Mdshare to reuse the badge images (like the above), but for all of the categories/1st/2nd place.

Edited by Djkanna

The threads are hiding in the admin archive.

[...]

If you want to take the reins of this Sniko, and make it entirely community run rather than a staff-run thing.

We could push for a new space for this, you'd have to come up with the rules, rewards etc.

I've got permission from Mdshare to reuse the badge images (like the above), but for all of the categories/1st/2nd place.

I could step up to the mark :)

Pass my thanks to MDShare, will you?

I would actually prefer for new space within MWG to run this. May we get admins to approve?