MakeWebGames

what do you guys think?

Hedge

what do you guys think?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. what do you guys think?

• Dislike

ive been playing around with the layout/look for mccodes.

its not finished yet, but i thought id post some pics and get some feedback on it.

that way i can get a grasp of what others do and dont like, instead of purely making it for what i like.

about the layout/look:

- except for the user avatar, cash icon and points icon, everything is made with css

- i havent designed a background for it yet, so theres one pic without a background, and one with (just quickly grabbed that of the net, so you get a general ideal)

any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Hedge

ss2.thumb.png.3c77ec6fc0c4ad7968dfcfde72ae760e.png

ss1.thumb.jpg.a7080247bcc1c7871830a0dc17f9989e.jpg

Looks like you're on the right track, I would tighten it up a bit. There's alot of unused space, notably the user area and main menu.

Also, the main menu and the explore page look quite bare, plain lists aren't very appealling.

But like I said, you've got on the right track and a bit more work will pay off

ps: inb4 "looks like basic mccode" - don't listen to comments that say it looks like basic mccode, I use GRPG, and get told it looks like mccode. It does not whatsoever, and even if a game does resemble basic mccode, who gives a fluff? So long as it looks good.

Well done

thanks for the input Dayo, its that sorta thing that will help shape the final product.

As for the background images , i found them on this website http://www.grsites.com/.

As with any thing i havent created myself, i did check for copyright issues before use.

I also have a page on my game purely giving credit to people for things ive used that wernt created by me.

It states what it is, who made it, and a link to thier website.

They only way i can see me being caught out, is if the "item" didnt belong to the site i found it on, but i do try to research that before i use it.

Again thanks to everyone whos commented, it will all help me shape this layout

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
an update...

Just spent a little looking at it, I know i don't know much about programming so i do not no the levels of quality of of the code.

However, the design is nice and fills up the majority of the page, In my opinion this will keep the user engaged during their playing period and that it what you want to achieve.

However, the only flaws that I can personally see is that the fonts used within the main menu appear to be 'TO' bold. As well as this appears in the header of the page aswell. My personal opinion in order to fix this is to perhaps make the menu using images for links or to insert a hover with a darker shade of grey on the menu, this may just help it stand it out with the vibrant shade of green that has been used.

Before people start complaining about my post, it's my personal feedback and personal constructive opinion on what could make it better!

But good work!

Brad.

However, the only flaws that I can personally see is that the fonts used within the main menu appear to be 'TO' bold. As well as this appears in the header of the page aswell. My personal opinion in order to fix this is to perhaps make the menu using images for links or to insert a hover with a darker shade of grey on the menu, this may just help it stand it out with the vibrant shade of green that has been used.

Thanks for your feed back, havn't done anything on it latley, thinking of just giving it out for people to do what they want with.

As for the "flaws" with the font. Im not quite sure what you mean by to bold. And i wont be changing the menu links to images.

This was made using as much CSS as possible, in order for people to change things very easily.

i.e. In order to change the font, its just a matter of finding a font that you like and uploading it to the font folder, and adjusting one small section in the css file.

Color again has been kept as simple as possible, by changing a couple lines in the css file.