MakeWebGames

Infiniti Engine

URBANZ

I dont see anything like that Danny on the facebook platform policy page. Where did you get that info?

I did read that if you are using fb connect then any payments is solely restricted to facebook credits and you cannot use any other payment method. Also facebook credits is not available on IOS. So you would be able to use paypal but it has to go through the facebook system.

However I dont see how this is worth the money your asking for. People play my game on their Iphone and Android phone without it needing to be an app. Apps are useful for localized playing you download the game and thats the entire thing (until an update is released). I dont see this working or being useful as an app.

Why would it be cheap? You could simply design your site with mobile phone in mind and you will end up having a site working on any mobile phone. Sorry I still don't see the value of it.

Exactly. Plus also look at the average game in the android app store they are either free or less than $3. I think you really need to re-think this.

Sorry for late reply and to answer a couple questions firstly the facebook connect it is a open source so i can redistribute with the engine as i am not charging for facebook connect itself people that buy the engine can freely distribute the facebook connect part and other opensource library's used in the engine and to answer how the engine is better firstly as far as i know if will be the first game engine built for mobile platform and the engine will be fully compatible with all android platform devices and eventually IOS when built and yes normal sites built in php can be browsed from mobile devices but there are flaws that alot of phones have using certain library's in the websites code this application price is only a guideline price due to many other apps ive seen on IOS and android have 50k+ some even upto millions of users/downloads and other sites would charge maybe $5k+ for a fully built and updates for a android application like this and also it would give your site the right amount of exposure so more members that you might not have got before as the app can be fully integrated into a website so can run from existing mysql db or can run as a standalone application if you dont already have a game and to rulerofzu yes i have thought about that part as most are listed as free some maybe $1-$2 but not the point these apps can add maybe thousands of value to your site and most the apps are only listed free as they make money from upgrade packages the same way a website would so in the end i would think this would be a very good investment for a game or just if you want an standalone application in the next 1-2 months i will post a link for a demo if you would like to see it in actions thanks for all comments will take on board and maybe change some things.

NOTE: yes the Iphone application will be included if the android engine is a success it will be released in future updates and also the app will come with lifetime updates and also before someone asks no this is not a rubbish app that is a website shoved into a webkit frame this is fully built as an application no rubbish like you see alot of people doing.

Edited by urbanmafia

You know that depending on which open source license the facebook connect library you are using you will be forced to give away your own sources as open source? If the library was under GPL (GNU Public License which is the most common), then sure you can sell your stuff containing the library BUT you must also provide access to all your code as open source as well. So check carefully the license of the sources. Yet if it's under LGPL then your are up and running ;)

I recently created a simple, yet effective iPhone/Android theme system for McCodes which with little work can port nearly any McCode game to mobile devices (obviously some pages need physical changes as the CSS rules don't apply for them). I don't see the main grab for your engine over something like McCodes?

firstly this is a native android application fully built on android sdk the engine is not a php engine is it built fully with java,xml,mysql,javascript and ive made it so people wont have to edit much code to make it run from an existing db so can run side by side with any website game engine i had just built this engine as a project as i have not ever seen an actual fully android built text based game engine for sale in mainstream and also the bonuses of actually building the app with android sdk the application can detect the OS settings like wifi status 3g status ect for better responses to the user and also can design the full ui yourself instead of using a rubbish webkit frame to display a website

But then, is there any "backend"? Does it have a server running somewhere? If yes, is the server also written in Java or is it written in PHP?

If not then how is it handling the multi player?

Also, are you giving the android sources away with it or just a pre-compiled thing? I still find difficult to see how somebody will make a game like that...

no it will not be pre-compiled it will come with the full sources to the application and to answer your question yes there is a backend it is currently running via php,mysql with minimal php as at the moment i believe it the only effective way to do this if i find another more effective way then will rewrite it but apart from that everything else is full java code

Not really looked into it so correct me if I am wrong but dont you have to have the php/mysql on a webserver and then have the app transfer the data back and forth using something like webmysql.

Which would rely on the end user having a data connection plan which a lot of people ask for it to be disconnected due to the cost involved (generally you can save £6/month on your contract bill)

I continue to be of the opinion, that unless you really can't do it with HTML and JS you should stick to that. You can certainly do good web interfaces which will not be all that far from a native interface, and the advantage is that you can update the game without any new download for the customer. Also having it in HTML it will allow to run on basically ANY device... and for me this is a big win.

On the other side, if your game is mainly or completely offline, the a native application does make sense. But it's not your case as it seems.

All that however it's personal feeling / opinion. Not saying your project is bad or anything. Just giving my opinion.