27 members have voted

1. 1. Most Important 1st Impressions of a Game

• Landing Page Layout
    • Game Description
    • Screenshots
    • Page Structure
    • Ease of Navigation
    • Other

There's one that no one has mentioned, which for me as well as many others, that has a factor on the decision to play or not, and that is the actual name of the game. Think about it, how many times have you seen "Mafia City" then "Mafia Village" follow along right after? If you are like me, you won't want to even look at the second one after seeing the first.

Honestly, my first impresions of a game are when Im not even on it. The domain? Is it free? If it is, I'm not going on it. Then the name as bineye said. Is it something like "Ripped"? (Ripoff from torn ;)) If it is, I'm not going on it. Then if I do click the link, is it a free server, does it take more than 1-2 second to load it? If it does, im not going on it.

I tend to be slightly picky with the games I start, as if I spend a lot of time on them I want it to be fun and enjoyable. And it tends to be that a good working game tends to have a good design and structure. So that usually what grabs my eye first, but for me to carry on playing it must be easy to navigate and fun to play :)

• 1 month later...