MakeWebGames

MC Redux various issues.

Xukusari

Paul, as far as I know you're involved in the redux creation process, so it's your responsibility as well before it's even released to the public, regardless of your agreement with mcc itself. If you create something you should check whether it works or not. They should have done a test too! I'm quite that this didn't happen very thoroughly... How can I say this? well look at the following: Files are missing, some functions don't work, some things are just plain empty whereas they exists in v2... All of these things can easily be checked by just pressing on the damn link. A major error mcc (and you probably) have not done or checked. It doesn't matter how far your involved, issues like these are things everyone can find out by just trying it out. It's not every hard to input some test data and see how your code reacts to it. It's also not very hard to introduce proper checks on inputs. I'm not saying you should fix everyone's issues, but make sure you fix your engine, and currently you're far off... So really, step it up guys, and stop pointing at the community but look at yourself.

And yes, other people should still report bugs and issues they have, however, you should find about 99% of the bugs, and at the rate I've seen bug reports appear...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixing the issues is the soul responsibility of the creator but if they do not know of the issues then it's impossible for them to do so, i always say the coder of a script is too far involved to find even simple bugs which is why they rather sit back and look over it for a period or they release a sample. I knew the staff password it wasn't that difficult to figure out 'admin' lol although it may have not been active for awhile due to issues where members nicely edited the staff password and bull like that. Personally i think it's a improvement on v1/v2 atleast but i would go no where near saying it's as buggy (not seen a hack yet) there maybe afew bugs but if people reported them (i know some have) then it would be easier for them to fix 'em.

Your helping yourself and any other customers by reporting the issues and im sure DB/CB appreciate it a hell of a lot that customers report bugs. Although i remember not many years back when v2 was it's base shell and Mccodes wasn't even around to fix the bugs so come on they are here they are fixing any issues you have and you still bloody complain. can't please anyone...

But they are not fixing anything .. they are waiting for the customers to find and fix the engine for them. I am complaining .. yes .. I can admit that because I paid 140 USD for an engine that i was told worked and it is far from working.

It is not the responsibility of paying customers to take a product and test and fix it for those making the profits. From the way it sounds CB and crew have been getting away with this business model for some time and now are finding resistance. The reason it is still full of errors is because most of us have stopped posting the errors and the fixes. I have seen CB browsing this forum but he never posts, never gives updates and never looks to be testing anything. I hear from him only after someone else posts a fix and he takes it. Upload your game script .. populate it with test data and thoroughly test it out .. I assure you it will not take long to find a number of errors.

It's not the job of the customer to do the labor. That's like taking a car into a shop for repairs and paying for the repairs but doing the diagnostics and work yourself. It's rediculous.

As far as other people should be reporting the bugs .. We were reporting them and nothing was done until rulerofzu and Paul posted fixes to what I reported here on the forum because I didnt get so much as a reply from my troubleticket til after I posted here. Then more bugs were reported and they still stand unresolved. Oh I'm sure they appreciate it A Lot .. I would too if others were doing my work for me for free.

Edited by mike

Fixing the issues is the soul responsibility of the creator but if they do not know of the issues then it's impossible for them to do so

Kind of the point in testing it?

i always say the coder of a script is too far involved to find even simple bugs which is why they rather sit back and look over it for a period or they release a sample.

Sure, but even the problems pointed out with the sample were never fixed before the first release. Now saying that the creators are too involved inside the programming to fully get their heads around problems, as in sometimes it needs to be pointed out, but that does not mean they can’t test it from a players point of view. This is why many people have others look at their programming as they work even for non public programs.

Personally i think it's a improvement on v1/v2 atleast but i would go no where near saying it's as buggy (not seen a hack yet) there maybe afew bugs but if people reported them (i know some have) then it would be easier for them to fix 'em.

I agree, but from the sounds of it people have been reporting them. I go back to my example of how nothing pointed out was fixed from the first example to the release. I am sorry, but that alone shows your point invalid. Improvement? Yes, but i don’t see why you’re saying it’s not got major problems based on the fact the security has been covered this time. Bugs, as I have said before, are just as important. Can be the most secure site in the world, but with bugs it’s useless, after all no one can use it the way it should be used.

As a software developer of 11+ years with 9 published indie games (3 with moderate sized indie houses), I test my games. Thoroughly and completely. Before releasing them. It's expected, and if I released whatever onto the marketplace and it was buggy and expected fans to fix it, i'd be in a rude awakening and very low sales (and a plummeting reputation) rather quickly.

fair point by everyone, Dominion i do agree it was released a bit prematurely but not many people did actually goto the sample and test for bugs even when the password for staff panel was realised they simply did silly things like change the staff password and not change it back or edit the passwords on the demo/admin accounts (i think they fixed them editing this).

Some issues i'm still having problems with:

Organized crimes do not show up anywhere after i create them.

I try to create a course but it doesn't do anything after i hit submit.

The user's EXP never changes or levels them up... (Shouldn't doing crimes help a person's level gain?)

Trying to get promoted in a job leads to an error page for me

Polls can be created but don't show up anywhere

Edited by Kr3W

Some issues i'm still having problems with:

Organized crimes do not show up anywhere after i create them.

I try to create a course but it doesn't do anything after i hit submit.

The user's EXP never changes or levels them up... (Shouldn't doing crimes help a person's level gain?)

Trying to get promoted in a job leads to an error page for me

Polls can be created but don't show up anywhere

If you look at the coding Crimes give crime exp, not normal exp towards leveling up. Supposedly the amount of exp you get from a crime is based on how much money you get from it.(This system seems stupid to me). But I haven't been able to prove that even after a bit of testing.

Crime exp is used when busting people out of jail, I have found no other uses for it.

Okay well it's based off of how much money the crime gives right? How do i change that from being based off of money to being based off of crime exp?

EDIT:

Nevermind... i figured it out i just changed $ir['exp']+=(int) ($r['crimeSUCCESSMUNY']/8); to $ir['exp']+=(int) ($r['crimeXP']/8);

Edited by Kr3W

Post any issues into a message to me on here or compile a list and send me them on MsN i will take a look as i did fix any issues you posted to me recently.

1. mail needs a subject line to send messages even though its a reply\'..and limited to so many characterss ~sucks~
Issue resolved added in default subject, the character limiting is for resource and spamming reasons, you could easily edit this if need be.
2.cant create new crimes say i didnt fill something out correctly no matter how many times i do it.
I have personally just created a new crime on Redux sample (link: http://www.redux.mccodes.com) called name so i assuming you missed out a required field.
3.when listing an item to the market in cash it lists it as crystals even though it was suppose to be money...
We have fixed this issue and will have fixed files available ASAP
4.stats capped at 10 mil ea. iq at 100k
Edited the new cap for stars is 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.9999 and IQ is 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.999999 if anyone gets anywhere near that something went horribly wrong lol
5. friends list shows friends offline even though they are online
Issue Resolved.
6. Had to fix an error on line 91 in the cyberbank..
Issue Resolved.

Also a issue with the referral system has been resolved.

Edited by Paul Evans

Are these fixes that are posted updated on the current redux download in the client section? I see a lot of posts claiming fixed in a few places here and I am willing to re-load the engine to my server again and test but I wanted to make sure the client section was being updated as I have not seen a patch or new version yet. Thanks!

Are these fixes that are posted updated on the current redux download in the client section? I see a lot of posts claiming fixed in a few places here and I am willing to re-load the engine to my server again and test but I wanted to make sure the client section was being updated as I have not seen a patch or new version yet. Thanks!

Redux (Version 2.5.5) can now be downloaded from http://mccodes.com/ - Thoroughly searched all the feedbacks on the Redux engine and then worked on it appropriately. This should satisfy you all.

I'll keep active and browse around MWG so pop in few words if anything more goes wrong/unsatisfactorily.