MakeWebGames

MC Redux various issues.

Xukusari

Errors which were undetected even after all the testing phases. Happy now to announce that it all has been fixed. New copy of the Redux (v2.5) engine package as V2.5.1 can be downloaded from the client section.

Fixes performed:

- Add cities, delete cities, rename cities (the city feature in the staff management-side panel).

- docrime.php; Crime system patched up. It was a code bug, we do apologize for any inconvenience. No idea how this got undetected.

- Template PSDs (for mac OS too) added to the package (as advertized).

- V2 to V2.5 mod conversion tutorial (link: http://makewebgames.io/showthre...844#post255844 (All credit to Paul Evans)) - this should educate people how to work v2 mods in the Redux engine. Don't be put off by converting mods for your Redux engine because it's worth it. The redux engine runs much more efficiently and smoother than any generic default mccode engine till date in my opinion.

Note: these PSDs cannot be used for non-mccode projects.

I will immediately fix any issues if its discovered later on.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if I sounded impatient or unreasonable. I guess I was just looking for some assurances that it was being worked on and not falling on deaf ears. I am glad to see someone is working to fix the little issues as they come up 8^)

Thanks Again!

Don't be put off by converting mods for your Redux engine because it's worth it. The redux engine runs much more efficiently and smoother than any generic default mccode engine till date in my opinion.

Im glad you put in your opinion there. As from where I am sitting it is far from it.

There has been no change to the database class. The database structure has had no thought put into it at all. Basically it has been created with yet again this mysql field is numerical so lets use int 11 for everything.

The crons are still as bad. Really 5 queries in cron_5mins which could be done in 1 query? and why are you even checking to see if the player has gone over maxenergy surely the code has been done so that does not even occur! Its just sloppy. Well just in case it goes over what it should lets reduce it back down again.

So there you have two main areas of the engine. The database and the class. The crons. Both of which are pretty poor still. The base of Redux is far from optimized.

Edited by rulerofzu

Ok finally got around to installing it this morning.

Question..... why have you put it as a requirement that the entire web directory needs to be writeable when in fact its only the Global and Mods directory.

For one thats a security risk.

By just stating the Global and Mods directory it should also be stated they should be changed again or it should be attempted to be changed automatically again for security.

3. During attacks it shows a few lines of text saying I lost all of my experience for running away from a fight. That would be fine if I had actually ran away, which I hadn't.

I have this problem still. It does remove all the experience, too. So if you had 50% experience and winning a fight gives 5% exp. then after winning the fight you have 5% total experience and a message by the Home button saying you lost all your experience for running away from the fight.

I have this problem still. It does remove all the experience, too. So if you had 50% experience and winning a fight gives 5% exp. then after winning the fight you have 5% total experience and a message by the Home button saying you lost all your experience for running away from the fight.

if ( isset($_SESSION['attacking']) && $dosessh && ($_SESSION['attacking'] || $ir['attacking']) && ( in_array($_GET['page'], array('attack','attacktake','attackbeat','attacklost','attackwon')) ) ) {

echo "You lost all your EXP for running from the fight..";

$db->query("UPDATE users SET exp=0,attacking=0 WHERE userid=$userid");

$_SESSION['attacking']=0;

header.php lines 25-28. I have no idea why this code was even in there. I personally just removed the whole thing and it resolved.

Well I feel like the thorn in CB's side right now since I have been sending troubletickets left and right but as long as things get fixed I won't feel bad about it. Fixing the code for ourselves does not help others who purchase the engine and that was my main motivation to constantly ask for updates and status. I will do a fresh re-install tonight and patch it up and continue testing it. As stated many times before .. Redux obviously wasn't tested before it was put out but at least they are correcting issues as they are pointed out.

Edited by mike

Mike, please never feel bad about submitting support tickets. I appreciate all feedbacks/concerns and will always put in my best to resolve. I understand the pain in receiving something which does not working which was paid for.

Let me/us know how your fresh Redux install go.

Mike, please never feel bad about submitting support tickets. I appreciate all feedbacks/concerns and will always put in my best to resolve. I understand the pain in receiving something which does not working which was paid for.

Let me/us know how your fresh Redux install go.

How about you do a fresh install and test it yourself rather than waiting for customers to find the bugs for you.

did they not do a fresh install for members to look over before they released it forsale?

That would be great for a person like you who is great at coding but for some of us that bought this engine because we are not and it states on the main website that this is an out of the box game. Now to me out of the box game means just that. Out of the box game must mean something totally different to the people who sell this engine. I for one bought this engine because I thought I could just put it on a server and it would work. Stupid me for taking someone at there word. I bought REDUX because I figured that they had fixed it because of all the wonderful things they said about it in the posts that preceded the release of REDUX. Again, stupid me for taking someones word. Now no matter how you slice it Paul, if you know coding or not...why the hell should you have to take the time to fix something that you paid for? It should work 100 percent when you buy it. It is as simple as that.

Well after a fresh install of the newest patched version of Redux I can say it still has a lot of bugs and non-functioning pieces. I am not going to post those latest issues simply because I think the ones making money off of the sales should take a look at their own product, test it and fix it themselves. Selfish me I guess but what I have seen is we post the problems, helpful and knowledgeable members of this forum fix them and post the fixes and then CB or the mccode staff take those fixes from here and post them as fixed without first even testing the posted fixes. We hear nothing from CB for a week at a time and not until someone else posts a fix and then all the sudden its "sorry we didn't get back to you earlier because things have been busy but here is your patch." So, I am not hopeful that any version of mccodes will ever work out-of-the-box with the exception of their MonoCountry game. Surprisingly that works quite well.

Indeed Mike such is the way with McCodes. Built partly with code gathered across the internet, sold by CB/Dabs, fixed by the customers.

Yes there is further bugs and issues with Redux. Who is gonna fix it if we dont post whats wrong and how to fix it? Paul time to start earning that % share.

did they not do a fresh install for members to look over before they released it forsale?

Yes they did, and yet it was released with the same problems pointed out by users. Not only is it not users responsibility to test the engine, but it’s also impossible without a fully populated database (test crimes etc).

Fixing the issues is the soul responsibility of the creator but if they do not know of the issues then it's impossible for them to do so, i always say the coder of a script is too far involved to find even simple bugs which is why they rather sit back and look over it for a period or they release a sample. I knew the staff password it wasn't that difficult to figure out 'admin' lol although it may have not been active for awhile due to issues where members nicely edited the staff password and bull like that. Personally i think it's a improvement on v1/v2 atleast but i would go no where near saying it's as buggy (not seen a hack yet) there maybe afew bugs but if people reported them (i know some have) then it would be easier for them to fix 'em.

Your helping yourself and any other customers by reporting the issues and im sure DB/CB appreciate it a hell of a lot that customers report bugs. Although i remember not many years back when v2 was it's base shell and Mccodes wasn't even around to fix the bugs so come on they are here they are fixing any issues you have and you still bloody complain. can't please anyone...

Edited by Paul Evans

Hacks are parts of the code which can be exploited.

Bugs are parts of the code which do not work as intended.

Are CB/DB fixing bugs? If so then surely there is fixes for the rest of the issues ;)

There should be Redux 2.5.5 out by now if they are....or are they waiting for the community to fix it. Many of us believe the latter.