MakeWebGames

Developer May Be Needed - Mild PHP Coding [Prison Survival]

daftrude

IF YOU ARE NOT 18 YRS OR OLDER, YOU NEED NOT APPLY.

I don't do business with children.

Title:

Prison Survival

Game abstract:

"Prison Survival" is a Prisoner RPG, running of course inside the browser and will

allow player to Attack, Trade and Rank against other players.

(Some of the) Unique features:

My game will be unique because I am looking to modify the entire text/graphic based game experience.

Technology used:

PHP/MYSQL

Current development status:

The beta version is fully functional with a decent amount of modification. Would like to take this further.

My own skills and tasks in the game:

I'm not a great coder, however I'm willing to help with all what I can, beta test, quality insurance, as well as the game design, graphic design, html, basic php coding, content creation and system administration, database management.

What I/we are looking for:

Mainly someone who is more experienced with PHP coding in general. Good Spelling & Grammar (English) as well as PR experience and common sense are an asset.

Expenses will be covered by:

I will pay all the hosting, domain name. Later on I hope for the site to be self sufficient expense wise as well as have some pocket money. [Currently running on free host/domain, being transferred to .com in the VERY near future. As in transferring as we speak.

Current team:

Solo.

Share / gain of the partners:

To be negotiated.

www.prisonsurivival.co.cc

I apologize if the its loading slow, the server may be undergoing maintenance at the time of your visit. Please be patient. (Note: This issue will be resolved as soon as we have successfully migrated to the new domain/server this week.

Edited by daftrude

Prison Survival Registration

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/daftrude/public_html/register.php on line 66

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/daftrude/public_html/register.php on line 78

here is what I got when trying to register

you can go ahead and register now, thanks for letting me know!

Prison Survival Registration

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/daftrude/public_html/register.php on line 66

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/daftrude/public_html/register.php on line 78

here is what I got when trying to register

"Expenses will be covered by:

I will pay all the hosting, domain name. Later on I hope for the site to be self sufficient expense wise as well as have some pocket money. [Currently running on free host/domain, being transferred to .com in the VERY near future."

As in, being transferred as we speak. I have to wait until the .com and the host ive purchased are connected. but at that point it should take about 30 seconds to fix the little coding that will need to be changed and add cron jobs.

Holidays = Slower processing times, Always.

Having the .co.cc still separated means I've been able to work on it during the 5-7 business days I've needed to wait, will also mean I'll have a testing server for all major code changes, to avoid issues on the main site.

point is, i don't really need much help at all, it will just speed things up, if i can spend a bit of money to increase productivity, it just makes sense.

Did you know its a bad idea releasing a game on a free host? Because not all of your players will be allowed on to play, that is why many has a connection error... It pays to pay for hosting even if it's the small package deal, don't do FREE hosting you will come into a lot of problems from your players. Also when it's time to do the switch it can be a pain in the ass switching the database over and everything, if you don't know what you are doing... you said its moving to prisonsurvival.com that domain is taken, are you even sure what you are doing?

point is, i don't really need much help at all, it will just speed things up, if i can spend a bit of money to increase productivity, it just makes sense.

Ok, thats very different from what the inital post suggests. Your now saying your wanting to hire a developer to do jobs, and not actually have a partner for the game itself.

Pay and someone will be interested, I know this is blunt but it's true.

Next, if a site doesn't work first time, it's bound to hurt your chances of actually getting someone with to some extent a understanding of what their doing, to even consider it.

Be a little more prepared next time, after all you're asking for someones valuable time, if the site doesn't work or doesn't load, to me and I hope other people, it's a waste of time.

Edit: I just read the first post/page none of the other posts, now it seems your paying; "[...]if i can spend a bit of money to increase productivity[...]"

Edited by Djkanna

Rulerofzu had all the right to ask that question. I must say k1ngscorp1o, reading most of your posts tend to show you are a little far up your own buttocks (nice term to use). There was no point to lash out on rulerofzu, except if you have a personal conflict with him in which you should stay off these particular threads and take it private. If Daftrude does not prove to have a legit license for Mccodes, then anyone joining in a partnership with him could possibly end up with lawsuits against them or lose reputation on the forums for using illegal license. So please think before you start lashing out on others as it just looks bad for yourself.

Daftrude please provide a moderator or Admin with your proper license so they can verify it for you and potential partners. This would be a great way to show potential partners that you are committed to the project as you already invested a good amount to it.

Well, talking about my own experience about looking for partner(s), I can tell you it's really hard. Either you find some people which have basically no clues, or find people which want to scam you, or you find nobody. Well trained people or people which have good skill hardly look to join projects as they do have their schedule already full.

Now, as personal experience, what you can do is do it yourself and release it, then when players start to play you may find one which is willing to help you in some way.

i was paying the entire time, no one bothers reading, you're all just so quick to put your two cents in. i think i need just a real coder. not a mccodes coder. someone that actually knows something about anything.

Hum, you were paying the entire time, that's why under the shares section it reads 'negotiable' that's not paying.

Share your budget, how much you're willing to pay for the developer, so on and so forth.

What's a MCCodes coder by the way?

@ Draftrude...

Most of all these people in this thread knows about php, not hard to learn suggest you learn some... Going through the codes that exist and cleaning the codes to suit you such as moving lines over with spacebar and what not does not make you a coder, nor does it make you any knowledgeable in the department of coding. Try making a mod from scrap then someone may help you... Because I doubt anyone is going to help anytime soon given nothing on your site is really actually coded by you, only things I see different is your images, everything else is given freely on here, and you shut those very same people out that has put their hard work into providing you with the freebies by saying they aren't coders!! ... Sorry but it came to my attention that your a moron...

Free words of advice

* Some may have already been said, consider this a summary.

- Make it more 'prison' themed.

Prison Survival Staff could be changed to Wardens.

Real Estate Agent could be changed to something else

Properties - Umm, not prison themed at all

Online banking - Not sure they do that, change it to something as follows for example;

* First you need to take a few bricks out of the wall, and buy a poster and some adhesive (to stick the poster up) from the contraband shop (or pay to smuggle it in). You can then store the money in the wall covered by the poster.

* Put money under your pillow, mattress, or private locker.

* If you use both, they have different security levels and people can rob you

- Maintaining a good site.

Buy a domain

Buy hosting

Make it unique - why players wont (wont not need) to donate.

Plan an advertising campaign

- Test things you implement.

I found a bug on daily donators. I received more energy, yet it was decreased.

Thanks for your time reading this.

- sniko

Edited by sniko