MakeWebGames

What are you using to edit your code?

a_bertrand

What are you using to edit your code?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What are you using to edit your code?

Well decided to change my editor... And so picked the one with most votes,..

Hm... I like the block collapse feature in Notepad++, and it looks like there is more advanced than Context. But due to different syntax highlighting i find it difficult to code. Probably just need to get used to new highlights :P But still I think that Context has better hightlighting than N++, but N++ has better features

Komodo would be a lot smarter than notepad++. I'm actually surprised by how many of you used such tool. It's not bad, actually much better than the normal notepad (that some of you still use), however it's far from a complete IDE which can offer inline help, code completion, and even ftp integration.

OK.. Just another quick word.

So I switched to notepad++, and I really love it. However, for anyone starting php, I would really recommend starting with CONtext. Simply because of way better syntax highlighting, which will really help you when starting, believe me :)

I use notepad. Old school, but those who can use it and succeed are the best (and stubbornest) coders out there :P

Yep, I am that cool xD

[by best, I mean those who can be bothered to troubleshoot all the problems and do things manually]

Edited by Redeye
Just wanted to clear up a little joke which may have been taken the wrong way