MakeWebGames

Entire Game Logs [$20]

Uridium

This mod will allow you to Setup Logs for anything in your game example

Bank, attacking, staff, training, courses taken, course results searching areas (if added) in fact just about anything you want to make a log for

in the pack it includes...

1 SQL TABLE

1 FILE

1 readme file

Very Easy to Install and to Edit files needed for it to work....

Few screenies

Drop Down Selection

dropdownselect.png

training Logs excuse my spelling on the image fat fingers at time

viewtrainlogs.png

Bank Logs

bank.png

This mod costs $20 and any future updates to this mod will be given free

Paypal Addy [email protected]

FOOTNOTE*

When sending payment could you also include Your sites URL of where the Mod will be used and also An Email Address as to where i can send the Zipped Mod....

SOLD OUT

Edited by illusions

Ok, good mod in theory. Lets say 1k active users, each one hitting the gym, bank, school etc, atleast once a day. Thats alot of logs right?

Valid Point

The Logs come with an Expiry Date and can be deleted on a date set by the Admin All logs can either be truncated at the same time of if you wish to keeps logs longer you can truncate individual logs on different dates so you can keep ones most needed and get rid of all or some of the ones you dont need.

Failing this you can create and send your whole SQL to a defined folder on your FTP and have it update whenever you want it to.. Incase you need to revert back to it later (Remember however Data deleted before the SQL has been sent to FTP will be lost)

Wow a paid mod from you thats new :)

Nice mod although as a suggestion possibly make the logs auto export to a txt file after being over a week old.

This way you can keep logs from months ago with no strain on the server.

You do realize mySQL database can be over 1TB easily?

Nice mod although as a suggestion possibly make the logs auto export to a txt file after being over a week old.

I was more thinking along the lines of an archive of weekly logs witch can't be done on the database so easily (Well it can be but hey ho).

And hey it may be minimal lag but reliving the database of any unwanted load is always good :)

You obviously have never had to manage a large mysql database.

How about moving old results to a different mysql table and then compressing it making it read only. You could then uncompress add more and compress. myisampack.

You obviously have never had to manage a large mysql database.

How about moving old results to a different mysql table and then compressing it making it read only. You could then uncompress add more and compress. myisampack.

Correct i have never had to manage a "large" database, and to be honest compression did not even cross my mind but hey ho...

or have a cron which deletes week old logs if they have been checked...

like it was said before what if there were 1000 active usrers, alot of checking :D

what i would do is export them to a txt file using JSON then when i wanted to go back and check them i could 'import' the log and view them dynamicly rather then have to manualy look throgh my server then look down the list :)

well actualy thinking about it i wouldent use txt files as they can be viewed ... i dont like the thought that anyone can look at them if they know the correct url. but i would proberly put them in a php file named 15032011.php (current date (uk format)) then in the admin side all i would have to do is add a calander with the links to the dates.

After a while you would get hundreds of files but what would you rather XX files or XXMB/GB/TB worth of data cloging up your DB

Finally someone with a little thought :D now that is a good idea, i would prefer personally to keep the logs in db and check through them daily or employ someone to check them daily so then you know when they clear weekly that it would be good.

Although the file idea isn't such a bad idea to actually base the logs in rather than using sql DB

Finally someone with a little thought :D now that is a good idea, i would prefer personally to keep the logs in db and check through them daily or employ someone to check them daily so then you know when they clear weekly that it would be good.

Although the file idea isn't such a bad idea to actually base the logs in rather than using sql DB

Would you not want to keep for example 3 months logs in case a user for example has a to do with another player, you then have the logs to check back and see who is at error what what ever.

<<Please note that is just a random wierd senario but could be a reason to keep logs for longer>>