MakeWebGames

Comet Chat

Curt

Hello,

I recently purchased a new feature for my game called Comet Chat. I'm sure some of you have heard of this before but if you haven't, it is a Chat Bar that rests at the bottom of the screen. This enables players to easily chat with one another while continuing to browse your website/game.

It costs 50$ but I believe its well worth it for the quality of the feature. It can be easily implemented to pretty much any site, so it says on the website. Also if your having trouble getting it installed, the owners will help you install it.

The website is Cometchat.com

It has plenty of features, including a feature so players can video/voice chat with each other.

I just felt like sharing this with you guys :)

Thanks Everyone,

Curt

Just scanned over the installation guide. Should be pretty easy to convert to MCCode.

If anyone needs help installing I will do it for you for $15, that makes this little chat feature a grand total of $65 investment.

However it does look really good.

The only problems I see are the friends list(which controls who each person sees online. If you would just like everyone, there is a simple function included.

HOWEVER, if you would like people to be able to choose who they see online (creating their own friends lists) this would take a bit more, but still would be relatively simple.

Also I would not advise allowing new players to use this feature as it would be an easy tool for spamming.

It costs 50$ but I believe its well worth it for the quality of the feature. It can be easily implemented to pretty much any site, so it says on the website. Also if your having trouble getting it installed, the owners will help you install it.

you could do that and save $10...

you could do that and save $10...

He forgot to mention it costs $250 instead of $50 to get the owners to install it for you.

So yea I guess if you'd rather spend $250 than $65, you could do that.

I would suggest buying the $129 if you have the money.

That way there are no links to "CometChat" and it comes with a chat log.

Hopefully there is a way to save ALL conversations so that staff can watch for spamming.

Were you able to intergrate it into mccodes?
Yes, I did get my copy successfully integrated with my mccodes based game.

The only problems I see are the friends list(which controls who each person sees online. If you would just like everyone, there is a simple function included.

HOWEVER, if you would like people to be able to choose who they see online (creating their own friends lists) this would take a bit more, but still would be relatively simple.

By default the chat calls from a "Friends table" but you can also change it so it calls from all the users online, which is what i did.

Also I would not advise allowing new players to use this feature as it would be an easy tool for spamming.
Thanks for this suggestion, I will be changing mine shortly so that brand new players can not use this feature.

Are you able to change the style/ theme to suit your site?
The 50$ version I bought comes with two themes, the silver one you guys seen on the website and a black theme. (not sure if the more expensive ones come with more themes or not)

It is CSS based as Danny mentions so with some skill you should be able to create a theme for the bar to fit your game theme.

• 8 months later...
I may release a McCode specific modification to add similar functionality as the chat system, but obviously at a cheaper price. Providing there is some interest!

I don't for selling it less than 50USD would be worth it.

CometChat integrates with social networks, and that alone is a hefty task to replicate. The actual chat functionality is worth more than 50USD I would say.

I would be interested in a Torn.com style chat bar. Where all players can chat with each other in one box.

Yay, another person who wants their game to be a rip of of torn.

TRY SOMETING UNIQUE, TORN SUCKS, IT ONLY WORKS BECAUSE IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST GAMES OF ITS TYPE!!!!!!

Yay, another person who wants their game to be a rip of of torn.

TRY SOMETING UNIQUE, TORN SUCKS, IT ONLY WORKS BECAUSE IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST GAMES OF ITS TYPE!!!!!!

Wanting the ability for multiple users in a feature he already has is not really going to make his site a copy of Torn...

I would be interested in a Torn.com style chat bar. Where all players can chat with each other in one box.

I already created a system like that, in all fairness I implemented it into my game before torn did. It's just a simple ajax chat box in all fairness.

Danny696, I own a pretty active game....not sure what your on about as my game is not a clone of torn. If it was a clone im pretty sure it would have been a big FAIL !!!

As dominion said I would like to expand on features I already have. The more social a game is the better off in my opinon...

Also I must have missed that one Dave, Im not familiar at all with ajax but ive been looking into it.

• 3 years later...