MakeWebGames

Status of MWG

Greetings all,

Well I just wanted to catch some thought about latest things on MWG, So that MCC can knows which areas have improved and which may need extra working.

• Do you feel as if things are improving for MWG? (Active users, posting, ect)
  • While we have tried to organise the forum better and keep the posting rate as high as we possibly can, What things now need bringing to attention?

I will give my view off the latest in MWG

I personally feel MCC have made some big improvements, We have assigned two new staff members, We are adding boards/topics daily to, Along with working hard to on general maintenance (Database checks ect), I have seen alot of new and returning faces in the active users list.

I would personally say things are picking up slowly but things are looking brighter then before.

I personally haven't received any downtime and I try and be around as much as I can so if I do i can check the server to see what may be causing the problem.

Once again, Thank you to the two other staff who have kept MWG running all the time I and dabs was away.

1) I think you guys should make things a little more exciting. The only people posting now is for the sake of helping someone.

2) My connection is 3G, can't really say.

3) That I am the most awesomest person on earth. Whadup!

On a more serious note, well less, since my being awesome is mostly important...

To me personally it's just... you guys seem to be making so many promises to improve things. By adding a few boards does not improve things, it just makes more to maintain.

I can understand that you guys are busy, but you should try and make a bond with the community, being more interactive with the people - they are the ones who actually posts.

Other than that, the mccodes.com site really needs an update. I'd think launching a competition for a new design AND logo would be a great way to familiarize yourselves with the people, and it would of course: correspond to show that you guys are trying to make an improvement.

3) V3? :D

But on a more serious note, it's started picking up a little bit more since you have been posting again and regularly. Congrats.

All in good time & thanks.

Other than that, the mccodes.com site really needs an update. I'd think launching a competition for a new design AND logo would be a great way to familiarize yourselves with the people, and it would of course: correspond to show that you guys are trying to make an improvement.
This is already close to being opened. We have to go over a few things then the new site will be launched, Also thank you for your advice.

* Do you feel as if things are improving for MWG? (Active users, posting, ect)

Yes it's getting better. not all about mccodes anymore :)

* Are you still receiving lagging/downtime? Keep us updated in the Slow downs thread

downtime no. lag yes, however very very little and i am 90% sure it's my end.

* While we have tried to organise the forum better and keep the posting rate as high as we possibly can, What things now need bringing to attention?

I like some of the none mcc things being added. I also like the fact you're posting more, however I still feel you should bring back some competitions (like the mwg awards) OR run a competition for something else e.g. best topic of the week prize = well i like money ;) but i am sure you could come up with something people will want to win. from a more mcc based view point why not get people to come up with things they want to see in v3 the thing that affects the engine most wins that members a free copy.

Glad to hear it illusions.

I like some of the none mcc things being added. I also like the fact you're posting more, however I still feel you should bring back some competitions (like the mwg awards) OR run a competition for something else e.g. best topic of the week prize = well i like money ;) but i am sure you could come up with something people will want to win. from a more mcc based view point why not get people to come up with things they want to see in v3 the thing that affects the engine most wins that members a free copy.
The plan was to bring back the voting board (with all topics ect) when the MWG voting system is fully up and running, However we may bring it back sooner and run it like mdshare was if its requested enough.

It's improved from the last time we've had this kind of discussion.

The lag I cannot comment on as I'm rarely on anymore when I was recieving it.

More user interactions could be a good idea, also some from of competitions isn't a bad idea either.

Maybe to go along with the restructure of the forum also removing some of the pointless posts/threads from the previous years maybe another improvement, however that would take a lot of time some of which don't have.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been been around for 6 month or more, and well, for the past hours looking around the forum, and throughout the latest posts... honestly... there is nothing that catches my eye to be around much more. Had my handfull of quirrels, some good some not that good, helped (or i think i did) a few guys/girls around. But as i stated... at this point... the forum seems too much "dead" and entering into a limbo...

As a quick reply to OP questions...

1. No

2. No idea as for this moment

3. I noticed a huge clean up on posts, or i missed the place where they where, if they were deleted... minus to that, if they were simply moved, minus to me as i can't seem to find them :)

Cheers,

Pedro

1) Yes.

2) Yes, the site frequently times out for 10-20 seconds then remains fine for 10+ minutes, some days it doesn't timeout at all.

3) I honestly don't know, V3 is the obvious choice but that's not an over-night job.

I can still see room for improvement re: activity levels but I think its something that isn't easy to fix.

I don't think its a terrible thing that the site is inactive, a website mainly focusing on 1 specific thing(PHP game development) doesn't need to have a new post every 10 minutes. Providing users keep answering questions, occasionally pop-ing out a freebie, discussing strategies/challenges etc I will personally keep visiting.