MakeWebGames

jQuery Ajax Banking System

Dave

Hey guys,

You need short open tags turned on for this mod to work!

I wanted to make a bank where from opening the account to depositing money was all done with ajax so no need to reload. With this mod I have done this!

I just wanted to get it posted up but if you can inform me of any bugs whilst I am sleeping it would be appreciated.

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice but you do really take the hard way of doing Ajax requests with jQuery. The whole point of it was to make things easier so I think you're just making it harder for yourself (however upside is you'll know a lot more about Raw Javascript once your done)

Nice work Dave

It's nice but you do really take the hard way of doing Ajax requests with jQuery. The whole point of it was to make things easier so I think you're just making it harder for yourself (however upside is you'll know a lot more about Raw Javascript once your done)

Nice work Dave

I use the methods that jQuery provide to do Ajax requests because in most of my scripts I personally use it for I'm already using jQuery for effects.

That's fine I wasn't saying anything about that but you go about doing it in jQuery the hard way ajax requests are made simple with $.ajax which if I'm not missing anything you aren't using.

$.post and $.get basically do the same thing, I just used them because I didn't need any of the features that $.ajax has.

(Except json which isn't supported in IE so decided not to use.)

As far as I can tell the opening account doesn't work (just did a little testing.)

I hadn't done any testing as of yet :) Just wrote it while using chrome. I imagine your a FF guy?

Well I'm a any browser that renders things my way kinda guy ;)

See edit of last post!

I'm a Chrome guy. Love it. ;)

Just a quick question...

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Is that like using a variable?

Yeah kind of :) Look up define on php.net

I just prefer to use define because Its global :)

I'm a Chrome guy. Love it. ;)

Just a quick question...

Is that like using a variable?

Yeah kind of :) Look up define on php.net

I just prefer to use define because Its global :)

Yeah, just read up on it. Seems, in some ways, to be better than variables. :) Great work BTW. I have learnt a lot from you'r work. You're great!

Thanks.

why use __FILE__ its already a php construct/function ;)

I dont use __FILE__ anywhere?

I use __THIS__ and because it's my coding preference.

[rant]

Danny stop posting on threads trying to sound clever it's actually annoying me to the extent where I want to post this to you :L. Most the things you post are to do with people's preferences and don't really need to be questioned.

[/rant]

why use __FILE__ its already a php construct/function ;)

I dont use __FILE__ anywhere?

I use __THIS__ and because it's my coding preference.

[rant]

Danny stop posting on threads trying to sound clever it's actually annoying me to the extent where I want to post this to you :L. Most the things you post are to do with people's preferences and don't really need to be questioned.

[/rant]

Danny is just an idiot, he does it to all the people sept me. Wonders why? xD

You do question a lot, in all fairness. But hey, if you know something well enough to argue it and always be right, you might aswell. But in most cases you're wrong.

Great work Dave, your standard of code seems to be getting better, definitely from works I've seen of yours in the past :D

You do question a lot, in all fairness. But hey, if you know something well enough to argue it and always be right, you might aswell. But in most cases you're wrong.

Great work Dave, your standard of code seems to be getting better, definitely from works I've seen of yours in the past :D

Thanks :) I haven't released any work to the community recently I believe, so all the recent scripts are showing you my skills :]