MakeWebGames

Mccodes Valid License holder info

Here's a suggestion I have, we know that many users on this forum have a non-valid copy of mccodes. We as the users of this website don't want to be helping people with fake copy's of the script and so I am asking for a way for us as the users to validate certain users who have a valid copy. I was thinking of showing a field in the users profile which shows this user to have an original/valid copy of the mccodes script.

Shedh

that is why a small system to check on licenses doesn't hurt. It would mean that you could check the license, but who is going to check that the seller actually removes all code as he no longer has a valid license after the sale?

It's a good idea I would presume but I won't stop helping people who haven't bought the script a lot of people I and you know haven't bought the script and probably don't plan on doing. So we just leave those people out? What happened to being a community?

what if people don't want to be listed? and what if there domain or name changed just checking on if they paid for it does not mean there some one you want to work for. one more thing what about lite users that have made lite better if you think its v1 and check it says they did not pay should they put up with that?

I think it would be better off especially for quicker support if there was a licence holders area on the forum. This would allow the posting of code so when a newbie has an issue it can be rectified by either support staff or fellow lic holders.

a minor issue with that would be like myself i got my mcv2 from killah city which Haunted Dawg said was a legit copy so is my copy legit or illegal (Note: if illegal ill simply recode it or run it via CG).

Please do go ahead and ask ColdBlooded if they have any history of [email protected], if not, ill have to go search through my email of thousand's of email's to show that i have a valid licence in my inbox.

My income generated from MCCode addons sold is quite high, and denying my service to unlicensed games would probably cut my revenue by a quarter.

This is actually the same for most addon developers out there.

There are allot of factors contributing to this, and like most people out there - we like, no love, money.

It's a question that goes more like this: Do I want to cut my revenue in half to take part in this pledge?

i think you should add a poll one that say some thing like

would you be willing to take part in only selling to people that hold paid copys of mcc?

- yes

- no

-not if it cuts my money by to much

-yes only if mccodes makes up my lost money (yea like they will do that lol)

you get the point i think the poll will show most people will only be willing to go along with it if mccodes starts acting on things such as raven script (and we know they are now i talked to cold in chat he said hes been on with there server) you also have the small issue of what about free mods? there are still lite users that wont see this "sub-forum" o yea last thing the owner of raven.info paid for his copy (so i have been told) so whats going to happen if he wants to buy a mod? will his username be shown to mod sellers? do you even know who he/she is?

Well there is multiple views about "pirated software".

A fact is that most people using pirated software would anyhow never buy that single soft in case it was impossible to find it otherwise. That means, by itself pirated software don't decrease the sales of the people selling it. Now, that said, what really kills a business is people like raven which re-sell software they didn't do. People purchase it and think they have a license where actually they don't.

For people writing mods, the question is a bit more complex. But could be resumed like that. Would you like to have your mod pirated? If not then you should not resell to people not using a correct license as nobody will guarantee that those people will not simply re-distribute for free or not your mods. Also, think as a developer if you like that others uses for free your hard work.

I'm the first one to admit I used a lot of pirated software when I was a kid. Now that I have an income, I tend to buy it or let my work buy it. Why? Because pirated software come at a price, for example, lack of support, lack of updates, maybe some hidden backdoor or other nasty issues. Also, I think that if nobody buy the softs, the company will stop producing them... which will hurt all.

I'm against also the all "open source" idea. Not that I don't use open source or that I never release things for free. However nothing is actually completely free. Even if you don't directly pay it, somebody did in some way. Maybe a company had to develop something and then released it as open source in order to get free men power somehow on this code, but still nothing is actually free (beside air right now). For small groups / softs, open source is not an option as nobody will actually participate, and / or you will have no way to pay yourself. Where for big softs like MySQL (beside it's now owned by Oracle), it was payed by the support and their enterprise versions.

Because pirated software come at a price, for example, lack of support, lack of updates, maybe some hidden backdoor or other nasty issues.
Where did you get yours from mines fine. (joke)

@ spudinski Most of my income comes from MCC security/mods so i see your point of view but i must agree with Alain in some aspects i dislike my scripts to be sold on or given away and i punish the people who do so in any possible way so i would prefer to only sell to people i can trust not to just backup and sell a 150 bucks modification of their site for 25 bucks a piece. They make more money than any of us doing stuff like that and it's appalling.

I guess it's personal taste.

I wouldn't like my creations to be sold of the the lowest bidder, but then again it is MY duty to ensure it does not happen.

And if it does happen, applying every action required to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm the type of person that would spend $2,000 just to make an example out of someone, and more people should take to this way of thinking.

Companies implement their own measures, and to their own preference.

Microsoft for instance; they have their piracy at hand, they are quite capable of it. But there are unlicensed copies of Microsoft out there, but in effect it is their own stupidity for not creating a more secure system in the first place.

If Microsoft never implemented the "Trail", the users would not have been able to even access the software. The activation period should also have been instant.

If those measures were implied, there wouldn't have been pirated copies - it's their own fault.

That's completely wrong. You cannot make a system 100% secure. For example I do have software which requires a special USB device to be plugged to run, and guess what a couple of weeks (or months) after the software is release there is pirated version which doesn't require the USB device. Same goes to Windows, there is version out there which doesn't requires activation. Nothing you can really prevent. Why? Because software can be ALWAYS investigated, de-compiled, de-obfuscated or whatever, and some smart guy will simply put a jump around the controls. So you can blame Microsoft or whoever else, but no software is safe here. Look for example the iPhone and how long it takes before the next version can be "cracked" and you can then install whatever you want...

Of course, obscure little soft will not attract crackers and there you will have an hard time to find pirated softs. Now for those which are more common, for sure there is a solution out there.