MakeWebGames

marriage update

Nicholas

never mind lol , got it , just abit tired

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

And now:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Line 135:

And if you want something without all the useless functions, indented code and something easier to read, you can just use this:

Enjoy.

While you're definitely correct in all your statements, with that I get this:

This has been solved I helped him with this.

As before stated in other threads- When the forum updated and changed, the whole coding on most older mods changed adding target_blank, when it was never part of the script, also adding http: all within links, so it outputted an error, also some of the quotes were changed the single changed to double, so you need to really look close at the script. This script though is all over the place,I would not use it without redoing the whole thing period!! And there is mres on digit fields and abs(intval()) on alpha fields, neither is securing either field it's all backwards in this script for some reason. also really dont need to secure a print statement, when it's already secured going into the database how can anything slip through mysql_real_escape_string(htmlentities()) in the database,then to print ' '.$r['username'].' ';??? Some people make security harder then it really is lol.

Edited by lucky3809

Aww damn. Fixed and commented the fix.

Also removed functions from the $action line that were not needed -- substr to 25 characters works.

Hence why I posted the other file? Feel free to try and find a hole

Works now with the addition of a missing ";" after line 115.

Except for one problem. There's always on more, isn't there? :P

When you go to the marriage page, it doesn't exactly throw an error, but on top of the page, it says this:

EDIT: Also shows this when actually sending a proposal:

Edited by Seker

Assuming the file in this thread is marriage.php -- do you happen to have a blank line before <?php ?

Negative, but there was an extra "<" in front of it. Probably from when I pasted. Removing that removed the warning at the top of the page, but actually sending a proposal still produces this:

Though, if you try again, it does say you already proposed to someone.

Line 78:

To

EDIT: lucky reminded me I probably deleted 'married' from the users table. Added it back in, and all works smoothly.

Thanks a ton, everyone. You guys are rockstars.

Edited by Seker

Use this, accept a proposal and copy and paste what the page says (Will contain SQL output)

Run that directly into phpmyadmin and you'll see what the error is -- should be easy to fix from there.

Okay, I'm not sure if I did this right. I was assuming you meant run the line as a query. When I do that, what I get back is this:

What jumps out at me is that the proID is blank. Is that where my problem is? It's not picking up the proposer's ID?

EDIT: Nix the error.

Was refreshing the previously loaded page that had the error. Re-trying completely worked. Thank you so much SRB, lucky, and anyone else who helped out on this. Been a long, frustrating journey. All of the effort is majorly appreciated.

Edited by Seker

Not a problem.

Be grateful -- this is one of my last bouts of helping around here :D

I definitely am. I know this turned into one giant headache, and I always appreciate the time anyone's willing to put toward fixing my own problems. :)

• 9 years later...