MakeWebGames

Blacklisted Users

Hey all.

Well I've been thinking hard about what MD said about sick off scammers and I think should/could take some off these scammers :D

There is a new board under ''General'' Called ''Blacklisted'' users

Here users can write about users which have been known to scam/ripp me off, They can supply screenshots and This will potentially help keep new comers to the web development industry safe, Which will help them stay around which will keep this forum growing at a faster rate AND bring in more post's and crap a day, It'll also take out those scammers and so which are known to those who have been around for a while

Here's an example off what I had in mind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makewebgames > General > Black Listed users > Mdshare

Nickname; MDShare

IM; [email protected]

How he scammed you;

He said he'd sell me http://makewebgames.io then he sold me www.criminalexistence.com, Then he said he'd sercure my game and all he did was put some shit in header and charged me $150

Date; 29TH February 2010

Site Link; www.example.com

Screenshots;

Screenshot of MSN convosation -

ect.

When you contacted him/her what did he/she say?

[20:00]Mdshare says: you got scammed bitch =)

Other info;

I've attached a convo log from MSN..

Your advice to others;

If he ask's you to buy http://makewebgames.io you shouldn't blah blah

I think this is a good idea, I maybe haven't explained it right but meh you know what I'm getting at..

Whatcha think? Or maybe you got a suggestion like this? come on guys help :D

Karma on the forum you mean? Useless as those which post more automatically get more karma (as others will just give more points) but that doesn't mean you can trust them more.

Sadly scamming is a huge issue on Internet, and I don't believe we will be able to solve it with a site of "wanted" people (which we don't actually have real proofs as you could create from scratch such wanted page like you did about MD), nor we know the true name (which wouldn't really help).

A solution would be to work with some secure signature, like you register somewhere (showing your ID card or something) and those give you a PGP signature or whatever else. Once this is issued, you would need to show it all the time (a PGP signature is like a private key / public key solution where your message is hashed with your private key, other people can check both the message and your key with the public key).

However that would require something on the forum side, to allow PGP or equivalent, and we would need to register somewhere by giving all the details.

The pro of such system is that you can certainly NOT create multiple accounts (or way not that easily, as it requires a copy of your ID card, and usually your are called back), will ensure that we know with whom we speak, and if someone of those trusted people do something bad, he/she can easily be spotted and kicked out.

The con, is that all this will be complex to setup, would require you guys to go through a complex registration, and quiet certainly would have a cost.